Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia did not uninstall Activatemms2g

Default Cydia did not uninstall Activatemms2g
    Hi!

I have an iPhone 2g and I had fw 3.0.1 when I installed activatemms2g to it(via Cydia). However, exactly as I had read on many sites the plugin took a lot from my battery life! At the end of the day my battery was really dead..
    So I went on to Cydia and unistalled it.. However I realised that the battery life was still horrible.. I thought it might be wrong with my battery then.. However then a friend of mine tried sending me a MMS, and as you might know, if ure phone doesn't have MMS ure carrier will send u an SMS that you can download ure MMS from their site..(This has happened several times before I had activatemms2g).. But this time I never got that sms from my carrier.. And with the draining battery I must assume that activatemms2g is still installed on my phone :S I went on to Cydia but for some strange reason the package was not listed there anymore!

I believed the only solution would be to restore the phone.
    Since a jailbreak and unlock option was available for fw 3.1.2 I upgraded my phone to that fw and unlocked and jailbreaked it through PwnageTool.. I created the custom firmware file via my sisters Mac and then I went on to my PC and chose the "Restore" option on iTunes, chose my Custom firmware file(I did not put my phone onto DFU mode but does that really matter?) and then upgraded my phone.. Everything went fine, and then I used my Backup file on iTunes to get all my settings back, like I do usually..

The problem is that the battery life still seems to be horrible! And I tried sending an MMS from my sisters mobile to see if I would receive and SMS from my carrier.. But nothing showed up..!

I have no idea why this is happening:S My phone doesn't even have the option of MMS settings under General>>Network>>APN :S

Is there maybe some manual way to delete activatemms2g cause it clearly still must be on my iPhone!
    And yeah I still can not find activatemms2g on Cydia now..

Sorry this is in the wrong section. please lock this. Ill repost it in the correct section
    Last edited by tsw_gnaget; 2009-10-18 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost