Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Half-Installed Package warning after blackra1n and Rock restore

Default Half-Installed Package warning after blackra1n and Rock restore
    So I started yesterday by upgrade my 3GS to 3.1.2 immediately followed by re-jailbreaking using blackra1n. I then chose to first install the Rock App in order to quickly get all of my JB apps re-installed from the Rock App backup. There were a couple of errors on some apps that for the most part, everything went fine. It installed Cydia but Cydia wouldn't work....it kept reorganizing.

I then un-installed Cydia and re-installed it from blackra1n. Now Cycdia works but complains about Half-installed Packages every time I lauched. If I choose to forcibly clear, it lists every single package that's installed...including core files needed by Cydia so it doesn't look like I can safely use the forcibly clear option.

I can hit the ignore option and everything seems fine. All of my apps are running fine. So how do I clean up whatever file Cydia is looking at thinking that everything is bad?

It seems that simply installing an update for one of my installed apps (or perhaps installing a new app would have done it) cleared this problem up. Strange but I'm happy it's resolved.