Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Wont Show Updates???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Cydia Wont Show Updates???
    Im currently JB on 3.1 with 3g and activated legit with ATT. The porblem i have been seeing is that cydia wont show my updates. I was having trouble downloading winterboard and realized it was trying to install an older version after looking up what the newest version was. so i tried to reboot and still nothing. so i tried to use icy and it shows the same version even after i refresh sources. i am not sure what to do or if anyone else has had this problem. im pretty sure winterboard it not the only app doing this but it is one i noticed first. i know i can ssh it into the phone but thats not going fix my problem for good. i also want to keep from re-jailbreaking if i can. Thanks a lot guys

I had the same problem as you are having. ICY creates its own status update file in the directory /var/lib/dpkg that has a bug that does not allow Cydia to change it. I deleted the status file and then renamed the status-old to status. (Note: In viewing the status-old file, I noted that it referred to Cydia and not Icy.)

I did this using iFile but it could be done through SSH as well.

This allowed me to get the changes to show again in Cydia.

Now, I am not sure if this will be a permanent fix or not but it is worth a try.