Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BigBoss Recommended Tools crashing Touch 1G

Default BigBoss Recommended Tools crashing Touch 1G
    If I install BigBoss Recommended Tools on a Touch 1G w/ FW 3.0, after a reboot all I get is the Apple logo. Anyone know a way to fix this with out reloading the FW? What about which app in the package is causing this?

Thanks.

can u ssh in to ur Touch?? if u can then u can remove it from terminal..bt first u have to be able to ssh..

Thanks

Also you may try pressing the home button and the shut button and hard restart it, and maybe it works, and like what factro_ said trying ssh into you touch.

The hard restart does not work. I did not try SSH this time, but I believe I did a few months back the last time I tried to install the recommended tools....Not sure.

Either way...I have reloaded it and JB it to 3.1.1.

Something in the The BigBoss Recommended Tools (just a dependency list) Package is deffinatly the cause. I have reloaded the FW before and just installed this package to have it crash.

I guess I'll do a better job of backing up configs and such going forward.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperT View Post
    The hard restart does not work. I did not try SSH this time, but I believe I did a few months back the last time I tried to install the recommended tools....Not sure.

Either way...I have reloaded it and JB it to 3.1.1.

Something in the The BigBoss Recommended Tools (just a dependency list) Package is deffinatly the cause. I have reloaded the FW before and just installed this package to have it crash.

I guess I'll do a better job of backing up configs and such going forward.
    sorry to hear he lost everything and have to restart doing everything, but your back on the ipod