Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't start Cydia after botched app upgrade

Default Can't start Cydia after botched app upgrade
    About 2 weeks ago I upgraded 2 apps through Cydia: ActionMenu and something else (I can't remember). When I tapped Restart SpringBoard, my phone rebooted. Obviously that shouldn't happen. When it restarted, I tried to open Cydia but it crashed once. I tried again and it worked.

Fast-forward to yesterday. ActionMenu has another update (and so did Backgrounder). I chose to upgrade both apps, and in the middle of downloading ActionMenu, my phone rebooted again. Now I can't start Cydia at all. I tried respringing, rebooting, but nothing helps.

These are the only 2 times my iPhone 3G ever rebooted during an upgrade of apps, and both times ActionMenu was involved. I'm not saying it's the problem app, but maybe it has something to do with it?

Anyway, does anyone know how to get Cydia working again? I really don't want to rejailbreak 3.0 (which I currently use). I would upgrade to 3.1 and jailbreak, but I'm on Windows and redsn0w hasn't been updated for 3.1 yet. Any help at all would be great. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, nevermind. I got it working. I overlooked the other thread for Cydia crashes at first and it had a solution.
    Last edited by bdawg923; 2009-09-25 at 10:18 PM.