Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia error: Database

Quote Originally Posted by xKirandax View Post
    Here is the solution to all of you guys problem. Use WINscp and SSH into your iphone, go to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and double click on cydia.list (It will open up in notepad), delete the repo address line that is giving you problem and go try and refresh your cydia under changes tab. This will remove all error msg in future. Have fun. Rem to give me a thanks
    Many thanks, it works.
    Went to /var/lib/apt/lists
    deleted the last source I tried to download as well as in the /partial

Still kept coming up, I read you tip and sure enough it was the cydia.list file that still had it. I had to make a back up in iphonebrowser as it would not let me edit, I edit the back up and overwrote and the problem is now gone.

Many Thanks!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

here's what I did:
    SSH into your iPod and go into etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list. edit the file and clear out all the sources. You may want to write down your added sources before doing this

There is no InsomniaSubstrate in Cydia so I don't know how I can get rid of this message. It doesn't just show up once, it shows up over and over again.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

i know it happened to me to so i had to clear out all my sources from the source list

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    I have a 3GS with 3.0 FW. Have been using it for a month now with no issues. Then suddenly today I started Cydia and it gave me this Error: Database. Encountered a section with no Package: header.
    After okaying that error another popup opens giving a list of sources that it was unable to fetch. I tried for a couple of hours and every time the list of error sources seem random.
    After all this my cydia shows blank with no sources, packages, changes etc.
    Any help guys. pls.
    hey I ssh'd into my iPod and went to etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.I then edited the file by clearing out all the sources in "cydia.list". Then replace the edited file with the original and cydia worked again
    Last edited by iPod; 2010-08-25 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Lungs View Post
    Many thanks, it works.

Still kept coming up, I read you tip and sure enough it was the cydia.list file that still had it. I had to make a back up in iphonebrowser as it would not let me edit, I edit the back up and overwrote and the problem is now gone.

Many Thanks!
    GREAT This worked for me i was about to restore and re-jailbreak my phone all for cydia lol

hi i am receiving cydia errors mybe its too common like "Error; Refreshing Data"
    there is several Bad Urls etc..
    2nd error i am facing when downloading any apps from cydia its showing error like this
    "var/cache/apt/archives.com.screw.skrewcommon 3_1.5b-1_iphoneos-arm.deb"
    is there any thing i did wrong?
    plz guide me i visit losts forums but didn't find such error if anyone registered.
    i am waiting for your reply or if you don't know plz forward my note to others might someone have solutions
    note: plz use normal language while reply cuz i am not familiar with typical computer language.
    jedsami is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Default Fix Cydia pre-depends and missing sources, packages
    This worked for me with an iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 (that also was giving the "problem parsing dependency pre-depends" error) as well as an iPhone 3GS running 4.1 (requires SBSettings):

Close Cydia
    Open SBSettings by swiping status bar
    Press "Processes" icon
    Close all open processes (I had Mail, Phone, and Safari)
    Press "Free Up Memory" button
    Close SBSettings and open Cydia

If you have the pre-depends error, click ok to it and following errors and wait for Cydia to load completely. In my case, updates to Cydia now showed up as well as all sources and packages. I updated and was good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NotGoliath For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (2011-01-07)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks!!!
    [SIGPIC]

Many thanks, it worked for me too! I have restored and rejailbroke in the past. So great to know that there is a quick fix to this issue!

Editing /var/lib/apt/lists and removing the offending repo helps, however the problem reoccurs when another repo was added afterwards for some people, it seem to restore everything else, even the one removed. In my experience, this cydia problem only happens with repos i've added myself.

Best solution for me? Cyfix FTW! Best way to clean all traces of any troublesome repo, bad url, etc. I just keep a list of personally added repos handy somewhere in case I need to nuke them. There's no deleted repo coming back after that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234