Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apt.modmyi.com unreachable

Default apt.modmyi.com unreachable
    For the last couple of days, Cydia has been telling me that apt.modmyi.com is unreachable when I try to update packages. I have tried through three different network connections (AT&T, WiFi through my ISP and through a VPN) and get the same result. When I start Cydia I see host unreachable errors for both apt.modmyi.com and apt.bigboss.us.com. I see another thread about package update failures, but the "bad repository" mentioned is one I don't have.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Me 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am having the same problem. you are not alone. I am trying to download sbssettings but keep getting the host unreachable message everytime.

Danny

Also just tried hackulo's source, also not installing
    Last edited by stroodle; 2009-09-20 at 04:38 PM.

okay old thread I know, but anyone having this same problem? Seemed to happen right after midnight EST on 01-Feb-2010 for me.

Default Same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by wongnog View Post
    okay old thread I know, but anyone having this same problem? Seemed to happen right after midnight EST on 01-Feb-2010 for me.
    It stoped working for me too just around that time... I don't understand.... if it's both of us there's gotta be more people out there having same issue. in otherwords, it's not our phones.

Quote Originally Posted by wongnog View Post
    yeah, i have it now

iPhone? More like MyPhone chen1976's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here. Damn bad

Thinking the problem was my iphone 3gs, I restored it 2 times. Only to have the same error message popup about the modmyi source. Is there anyway of finding out how long this may take or even if Modmyi is down?

Me2. What other repo will have afc2add

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    Me2. What other repo will have afc2add
    I don't know....

I think its back up. I just opened cydia and didn't get any error messages and i see the Modmyi apps!
    Last edited by pirarre; 2010-02-01 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default used rock instead
    I found afc2add on rock. Hopefully modmyi repo will be back up soon.

Default temporary fix
    this morning i still had the same issue.

i decided to disable my WIFI and get onto cydia via 3G. Worked like a charm.. which is strange. I was able to download 3 things, then got that error again. Closed cydia, rebooted phone, kept WIFI off.. and got back onto cydia and downloaded fine...

now if i could only get InfoLock to show my weather in Toronto, Canada.

When I left for work at around 11am CST mine was working fine. I downloaded a couple of things and I didn't get the error message either.

i constantly get that message for a number of sources. I am on Centennial wirless with Edge speed. I still get the message when i connect to wifi. I was able to install a few repos when first jailbroke. in my sources it says that hackulo.us is entered by user. but when i go to install appsync for 3.1 it says that cydia.hackulo.us host unreacheable.