Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi started on its own

Default wifi started on its own
    I was using my iphone which was connected via usb to my laptop with itunes running and the sync had been done and it was charging and after some time suddenly I saw that the wifi signal came up and it turned on automatically and it was also showing that round flowery loading signal on the top left next to the signal bars as if it was loading something...god knows what...is that normal?

It came up at the lock screen or on the home screen? Depending on what u have open, it might be checking for new mail, when u exit the mail app, it usually stays running in the background

it was the homescreen and the wifi bars came up on its own...i went into settings/wifi to check and it was in the process of discovering my wifi connection and got connected...even i thought about what you are saying that it must be checking for new mails or stuff but isnt there any option or setting for that coz without settings it shouldnt have an auto wifi connection as it will just end up draining my battery.