Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wont download Packages but no errors

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok this is the best way I think I can help you... 1. Hopefully you have Rock Extensions on your phone. if you have that go into it and download something called ifile if you dont already have that. If you have that go into ifile and you would you use it like winscp or whatever the mac version of that is I think its called cyber duck so go into root/private/etc/apt/source list d/ check all the sources make sure they are good then you will see cydia list go into that and make sure all the sources in their are good those are the ones you added if their is one that is bad and you dont recognize delete it and it should work

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't have rock extensions, i've found a program called ifile in the app store, but i can't get its partner software installed on my pc due to work restrictions

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

the ifile program im talking about is found through Big Bosses source I believe in cydia its basically reading all your files from your phone the one on the app store i think is totally dif. The only solution I have is to restore and rejailbreak which I know you dont want to do so hopefully somebody in here can answer our questions and I think you should just stick it out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yeah, I suppose i'll just have to wait till next week when I go home and can ssh into it
    Thanks for your help though, much appreciated

Hi All: I'm getting an http/1.1 403 Forbidden error for apt.modmyi.com. So none of the application from the respository are avaialable on my Cydia. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you for help

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kpasadoc For This Useful Post:

Ryanking (2009-11-30)

It must be down temporarily, It should be up soon.

kpasadoc :Hi All: I'm getting an http/1.1 403 Forbidden error for apt.modmyi.com. So none of the application from the respository are avaialable on my Cydia. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you for help
    I've got the same problem !!
    and i got this for a week now , Please help me (us)
    really let me know how i can fix this im almost crying

Ryanking.

hey so i just got my iphone and i really messed things up.. so ill start so i used blackra1n to jailbreak my iphone 3gs and it was gd then i installed cydia it went good.. then i installed ********** it went good..then i found a video in youtube on how you can get all the sources in cydia

and thats when it all went wrong i got it stuck in the downloading screen for hours and it still is as we speak.. so then i found this vid on how to uninstall it without using the pc and

and then it went good. so i tried to reinstall it and it did but no icon was der so i did it 3 more times still no icon so i rebooted cell and nada so i unistalled blackra1n hoping that i can reinstall everything and boy oh boy was that bad.. cydia icon came up and blackra1n icon didnt.. now remember how i installed ********** well it was still there.. no matter what.. but cydia asked me to update so i did and bam!! it stuck in that same thing again..sigh.. now i did back up my iphone when i got it which was today.. i have version 3.1.2(7d11)model mc134c modem firmware 05.11.07 .. now here is the thing i read that if you restore it wont do any good cause apple doesnt support it anymore.. so what can i do.. should i just ignore cydia and just use ********** for free apps but am unable to customize my iphone which i want to do ?? any help would be great and pm cause i m not on my laptop that much.. help a noob out. if this was a blackberry issue i can easy fix it no prob..
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-16 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Talk about piracy and the repos that host them is not allowed per the rules. You will not get help on this. Please purchase apps and support the developers.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-16 at 05:05 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

yes this happened to me today and it took a while to figure out what was wrong theres a source called namedfork or somthing near that i deleted it and everything started working fine i still get an error of some sources not being found or replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanking View Post
    I've got the same problem !!
    and i got this for a week now , Please help me (us)
    really let me know how i can fix this im almost crying

Ryanking.
    I am currently having this problem, has anyone any hints to fix it?
    Thanks

You Need Wi-Fi connection to do this
    1. Open Cydia and search for OpenSSh and SBSettings.
    2. Install both of them
    3. Go on your computer. If you're using Windows then download a file from this site. WinSCP 4.2.7 - FREE Download WinSCP - Free SFTP, FTP and SCP client for Windows.
    4. Open WinSCP
    5. Type in your IP Address for your host name. To get your IP Address go to settings, Wi-Fi, click on the blue arrow of the Wi-Fi you're using and it should give you the IP Address.
    6. Keep the port number at 22.
    7. For Username type in "root". (No Quotation Marks and Keep all the letters lower cased.)
    8. For the password type in "alpine" (Again, no Quotation Marks and Keep all the letters lower cased.)
    9. Leave the private key file blank.
    10. Click Save and save as iPod Touch. Leave the box unchecked.
    11. iPod Touch should be high lighted in blue. Click Login.
    12. It will search for and connect to a host. (It might not work the first time)
    13. You might get an Warning Message just click yes. Type in alpine for the password.
    14. Click on the first folder on the right side 3 times. (It should have no title and an arrow pointing up)
    15. Then go to private, etc, apt, sources.list.d, and cydia.list
    16. You should get a list of url's. Delete the ones that are "bad"
    17. Click Save on the upper-left hand corner.
    18. For the password type in alpine again.
    19. Then close it. You should get a box that asks if you want to terminate the program. Click okay.
    This should fix the problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I am not saying that Cydia is having problems!

I have Rock on my iphone also, the reason is if Cydia screws up I can go to Rock and reinstall it!

I tried the Trial of Longitude and before the trial period was up I decided to purchase it! I downloaded the trial from Cydia so I open Cydia and tried to purchase it and I got the following error window

Index of /

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

So I went to Rock and purchased the app with no problem! Sometime later I showed and update in Cydia looked and it was Longitude, tried to update and got the same error as before! Went to Rock and got the update no problem!

Only problem I have now is that Longitude it up to date and Cydia shows it needs to be updated!

Had the app for a few day now like it, but cant get ride of the update notification on Cydia!

Maybe a mod here will help figure this out!

Ok, so hopefully this will help you all out there because I made an account on this site just to help you guys lol, and for possible future refenerce.

So I found out the issue, you need to make sure you choose a User type (ie. User, hacker, etc.), and make sure it FULLY downloads, and after it fully downloads, cydia reboots/restarts.

Once this is done, you can then retry adding the repositories

If this does not work, or you are not given the option of User, hacker, etc, restart your itouch/iphone and go back to cydia, and the option should come up.

I can't see anything else it would be, but if all fails, I dont think it would hurt to just restore your itouch/iphone again, and then re-jailbreak it.

Good luck and I hope this helped some of you guys out.

-MrJewTunes

I'm having this same problem where the sources never fully update and nothing anyone has suggested seems to work... I checked in my sources.list.d folder and the only ones that are there are bigboss, cydia, ispazio.net, modmyi, saurik, and zodttd which no one has mentioned as bad. There are other sources I have added manually, but they are not in this folder and I can't delete them from within Cydia because when I try to remove them there it gets stuck on the "Downloading packages" thing. When I try to download anything from Cydia now it says "error: size mismatch"

I had been using Cydia just fine for a long time and I don't know what happened, I'd really like to avoid restoring it. Help?

Sometimes the sources are taken down due to illegal activities, thus making them unusable. This has happened to me as well.

Although, if it says a certain part of the repository cannot be found, don't give up, because usually you can keep pressing 'ok' and all will be fine.

It doesn't say that a certain part can't be found, it just doesn't say anything at all... it stays forever on Downloading Packages

This problem is not letting me use Cydia at all I need help! I tried downloading Icy to get around the problem but it won't let me download anything in Cydia because it says size mismatch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default fixing the issue of Stucking Cydia in Downloading Packages !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    Has anyone else had the issue of cydia not getting past downloading packages. Mine has been going for about 45 min so far and hasn't errored out or anything. This seems to have started since the latest update to cydia for me. Anyone else having this issue or know a solution to it.
    The problem is caused by the incorrect added sources to Cydia.

The solution is first to download Cyfix GUI from cydia.This program will remove the problematic and incorrect sources from cydia. but you need to first identify the incorrect sources.

To identify the incorrect sources you need to do SSH into your device using Winscp (freeware) or use ifile which don't require pc.
    (this method uses Winscp to determine the incorrect sources)
    1.open Winscp and type your devices IP address ion Host name section.
    2.Type "root" in user name section and "alpine" in password section and press login.
    3.go to the directory /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and find Cydia.list
    4. open this file with notepad or double click on it. now you will see something like this:

deb Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us! ./
    deb Index of / ./
    deb Homepage of repo.beyoip.com ./
    deb http://cydia.*************/ ./
    deb http://cydia.myrepospace.com/HackStor/ ./
    deb http://cydia.iphonecake.com/ ./
    deb http://iphonecake.com/Cydia ./ ----->this is wrong address

Don't forget that you might have something different but all of the sources must like the ones above one except the one that is written wrong address.

Now since you determined the wrong address copy it and put it into Cyfix GUI and press fix. Repeat this to remove all the sources and Respring your device before you open up your Cydia.

(it took me 1 day and half plus learning 5 types of commands for fix mine but this one is the easiest why but i found out the hard way. Hope it will be helpful)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kavan100 For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (2011-08-30), stefanie000 (2010-07-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,325 Posts

i got a problem when i hit refresh none of my sources show updates, installed steffwiz to get all sources but none show up and its the same with the sources i installed none of em update. i restored this morning thinking it might be my phone but same has happened, not restoring again cant be arsed with installing all cydia apps again.

any help would be great

so basically remove each source, re add one by one till you get the wrong address then place wrong address into Cyfix GUI. just asking cus im a newbie and aint the brightest
    cheers
    Last edited by P0R7ER; 2010-06-08 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast