Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All my cydia apps suddenly deleted - please help

Arrow All my cydia apps suddenly deleted - please help
    Hi

I connected my iphone to the computer and I got a message on itunes that there is a new iphone software available for download so I downloaded it. After download I realised that cydia and all the applications that I downloaded using it have been deleted. In addition whenever I connect my phone to itunes it says that the sim card is not compatible with the iphone. Can anyone please help me get cydia and the apps that I lost back.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    Whenever you do an update it restores your phone as new, hence all jailbreak data and apps are removed.
    You will have to jailbreak again. Since you gave no info on type of phone or Mac/PC a simple forum search will give you info to J/B again

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I have iphone 3g and I run windows on my PC. Is there any way of retrieving the iphone apps that I have lost?
    Last edited by timba; 2009-09-17 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks

As far as any 3rd party/jailbroken apps, no not now. In the future you may want to check out either AppBackup/Aptbackup or PkgBackup, available in Cydia.

Could I please have some information on how to jailbreak my iphone 3g. I only have a PC and not MAC. The iphone is updated to version 3.1.
    Last edited by timba; 2009-09-17 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks

What version of iTunes? You should stay on 8.2 or 8.2.1 so perhaps you should Google to find out how to downgrade iTunes from 9.0, but you could try this
    Uninstall Itunes 9.0, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Application Support, Apple Software Update
    then download iTunes 8.2.1 here
    download redsn0w here and extract the files, run redsn0w to jailbreak making sure you use the 3.0 .ipsw not the 3.0.1 ,ipsw.
    If unlock is needed you'll have to install ultrasn0w, add this repo in Cydia
    repo666.ultrasn0w.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    What version of iTunes? You should stay on 8.2 or 8.2.1 so perhaps you should Google to find out how to downgrade iTunes from 9.0, but you could try this
    Uninstall Itunes 9.0, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Application Support, Apple Software Update
    then download iTunes 8.2.1 here
    download redsn0w here and extract the files, run redsn0w to jailbreak making sure you use the 3.0 .ipsw not the 3.0.1 ,ipsw.
    If unlock is needed you'll have to install ultrasn0w, add this repo in Cydia
    repo666.ultrasn0w.com/

Thanks. You mentioned that I'll have to use the "3.0 .ipsw". I have currently installed version 3.1 on my iphone - would I still need to use 3.0 .ipsw?

Thanks

Yes because there is not a windows jailbreak for 3.1 at this time so I suggested you downgrade to 3.0.1 using the 3.0 .ipsw.