Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard 0.92993-1 crash sprinboard for OS 3.1?

Default Winterboard 0.92993-1 crash sprinboard for OS 3.1?
    I'm not sure which section this should be in, mod please move it to the right catagory if possible.

JB 3.1 and tried to install winterboard 0.92993-1 3 times. After each uninstall and reinstall, springboard would crash. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Yep, right now...

I never thought it was WinterBoard. I might go back to 3.0. Too many things don't work right...
    Last edited by Scoops98; 2009-09-16 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Happened to me as well. Remove winterboard n back to normal....saurik helpppp !!!!!

Yep, Me too, I havent found a way to fix it, and its really bugging me!!! I was fine with 3.0.1...but of course i just had to update. Now Winterboard cause springboard to crash (Just as stated

Someone please help!!

I dont think we can restore back to 3.0, Apples new firmware doesnt allow it....

Please Saurik!!!!!

I have spent the last 6 and 1/2 hrs straight trying to get Winterboard to not crash my iPhone with 3.1. I have un-jailbroken and re-jailbroken my phone multiple times, tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Cydia multiple times, same from Icy and direct SSH - everytime I get sad iPhone and now I am frustrated, tired, and am giving up on Winterboard for now until I see/hear there is a fix. So for now I have unjailbroken my phone as the only reason was so I could get a red keyboard to keep my night vision when I am working out on the telescope. ....sigh.... Saurik, please say there is a fix in the works!

Well, Dont give up yet!! It looks like theres an update out already =] My friends ipod touch that brought me into this whole mess with my iphone, is now working, i was just getting ready to shut it off and go to sleep, (5:00AM where i am) When cydia said there was an update, and it was that mobile substate that keeps crashing, and its now working..... Hope my iphone works as well.

Well - lemme know, I will keep an eye out here and perhaps mess with it again later today, its 545am now and I need some sleep! :-)

The ipod is working perfectly on 3.1.1 so now just for the iphone..

I'll let you know what happens!

Its confirmed, My iPhone is working again!!!!!
    Last edited by Jesse714; 2009-09-16 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse714 For This Useful Post:

iGuy (2009-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse714 View Post
    Its confirmed, My iPhone is working again!!!!!
    Great! I've just spent have the night and now the morning going backwards & forwards from 3.0.1 to 3.1 and am now "almost" back where I started from on 3.0.1 with the correct Apps, themes, sources etc etc.

And now you tell me it's working on 3.1? Oh well, I guess I didn't have many plans this afternoon anyway. Here we go again!

LOL i started at 10:30, its now 545... But hey! its working right?

How exactly are you going from 3.1 to 3.0.1?? Apple has made this "impossible"

Looks like a fix was released

Saurik: MobileSubstrate 0.9.3043-1 fixes the issues some extensions (like WinterBoard) are having with the new dyld "shared cache" in iPhone OS 3.1.

edit: confirmed that its fixed
    Last edited by ziggie216; 2009-09-16 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks

There are no fix's atm that l can seem to find that work to restore the iphone 3.1 update after on the weekend l went to turn my phone on after running the batteries out and it would stay on the black screen and keep rebooting just showing the apple symbol.Somehow apple had jammed me accessing the apple o/s and cydia.I l tried reinstalling redsnow 7 and 8,purplerain everything pretty much since the firmware and basebands been updated seems theres nomore cydia for my iphone atm.and there seems to be noway using a pc running vista ultimate or xp pro to be able to fix the problem.I was really impressed with the added features cydia brings to the iphone.The jailbreak gave and now l'm back to a normal 3gs iphone that l hardly use because of the 3.1 update so looking foward to seeing what iphone software comes out next.Thanks to the developers that made the earlier jailbreaks l hope yas come up with something good soon.Apple might say jailbreaking is hacking but hacking is the backbone of computer science and those who program beyond what is already been developed.
    Last edited by dasweetdude; 2009-09-16 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Was wrong

Actually, for me it was not Winterboard that was causing the crashes but the Weather Icon app that puts the current weather and temp for the icon on the Spring Board.
    Last edited by weedenbc; 2009-09-16 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse714 View Post
    How exactly are you going from 3.1 to 3.0.1?? Apple has made this "impossible"
    I've got a 2G which means the BB isn't adjust when I update to 3.1, so I can jump between the two (or further back) at will, time permitting!

We have to wait for winterboard to be updated to be compatible with 3.1. This happens everytime there is an update and ive gotten used to it. When 3.2 comes out we will once again not have winterboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie216 View Post
    Looks like a fix was released

Saurik: MobileSubstrate 0.9.3043-1 fixes the issues some extensions (like WinterBoard) are having with the new dyld "shared cache" in iPhone OS 3.1.

edit: confirmed that its fixed
    Anyone know where to get this update ? Nothing showing in Cydia for me.

Thanks !

The update this morning worked. Yay. Now, if only keyboard skins would work as that was the main reason I wanted Winterboard :-/

I also have a 2G, but i cannot figure out how to go back.
    Even though winterboard is now working, I can no long send or recieve picture messages.
    After download ActivateMMS2G, and rebooting, it just stays at the startup screen with the pineapple.

=(

Quote Originally Posted by irishj View Post
    Anyone know where to get this update ? Nothing showing in Cydia for me.

Thanks !
    It Isn't going to show up, Because it now downloads the newest version, when you download WinterBoard.
    Last edited by Jesse714; 2009-09-17 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedenbc View Post
    Actually, for me it was not Winterboard that was causing the crashes but the Weather Icon app that puts the current weather and temp for the icon on the Spring Board.
    I don't use the weather app, but it still crashes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by antimorris View Post
    The update this morning worked. Yay. Now, if only keyboard skins would work as that was the main reason I wanted Winterboard :-/
    The last update for Winterboard was Aug 21, 09.
    Last edited by Scoops98; 2009-09-17 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    I don't use the weather app, but it still crashes for me.

The last update for Winterboard was Aug 21, 09.
    Go and download Mobile Substrate.

Everything works just fine for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast