Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help database cydia error

Default Gpg error
    STILL CANT FIX THIS

iPhone? More like MyPhone starsky64's Avatar
    Thanks

ok well i got my jailbreak back after 4 days of trying EVERYTHING and falling short but this worked for me. i'm on 3.1.3 3gs i downloaded felix bruns 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 went to itunes and option restore to 3.1.2 after i got the error 1015 i did it again option restore 3.1.2 when i got the error 1015 again got out of itunes. run redsn0w and when you get to the screen that says install cydia, boot , etc leave everything unchecked. when you're done with redsn0w go back into itunes and finish the restore when your done you should be on 3.1.2 but no service ( like i was ) now run pwnage tool use the 3.1.3 firmware, in the screen that says activate phone uncheck activate phone and use 1012 of space, run thru the procedure when you're done GO BACK into itunes again and finish the restore. when you're done you should be jailbroken on 3.1.3. i've done this 3 times and it worked EVERYTIME. i had to restore because i was getting a message i was out of disk space so i restored to factory settings, then found out it was the rock app that was mess up. i'm GOOD NOW and like i said 3gs on 3.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by auwkeung View Post
    iMister, I finally got the problem solved!!

Just SSH into your iPhone, navigate to the following folder:

/private/var/lib/apt/lists

delete everything except the folder "partial" (You can move them to a folder in your PC/MAC just in case)

Restart Cydia and no more warning this time! Go to Changes and press Refresh and all the changes should be there again!

It at least works for me...do let me know if it works for you ;):D

I think we kinda got something corrupted and Cydia just doesn't know what to do.....
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem. Went to install a package from the BigBoss repo and got an error that says:

cydia error:prepare archives the package index files are corrupted. No filename: field for package.com.yllier.firewall.

I see the instructions above but I'm very new to this. When you say SSH into it, is that simply opening a terminal window and navigating to that directory? And once I'm there, what are the commands for deleting things there?

Sorry to throw such n00b stuff at you guys, but if you could help I"d appreciate it.

huge thank you! I found the repo that was causing the error here and removed it. you frickin rock!

u guyz r the best...thanks alot man!!..u saved my day!!

Question Help with Cydia
    I am not able to install, remove, or upgrade anything on Cydia. I get the following errors upon opening Cydia.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Failed to fetch
    http://apt.saurik.com/dists/ios/675....rm/Packages.gz HTTP/1.1 404 Not
    Found

Failed to fetch
    http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/./Packages.gz
    HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Failed to fetch
    http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/...rm/Packages.gz HTTP/1.1
    404 Not Found

Failed to fetch
    http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable/m...rm/Packages.gz HTTP/1.1404 Not
    Found

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Below that is the "Return to Cydia" button

Thanks

Do you have mobileterminal?
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

No, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by immred View Post
    I am not able to install, remove, or upgrade anything on Cydia. I get the following errors upon opening Cydia.
    Are you sure your device has a good internet connection?

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Are you sure your device has a good internet connection?
    Yes....I definitely have a good internet connection. I have tried multiple times.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345