Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Forces Reboot After Every Installation or App Removal??

Default Cydia Forces Reboot After Every Installation or App Removal??
    I'm familiar with certain apps that require a reboot but now any app I install or remove Cydia then requires forces me to Reboot Device afterwards. I would prefer to not have to do a full restore for more than a few reasons. Is there anyway to delete and reinstall Cydia via SSH? And if so what happens to all the apps I installed from Cydia once I delete Cydia?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the record this problem started after the last cydia update I saw and installed in my updates. I tried to remove it but it warned me if I uninstall it then it could make Cydia useless. I just need to stop updating things that I working flawless. I get so tempted by the badge when I open Cydia that I eventually break down and just update. Hopefully one day I learn my lesson. I trusted saurik so I went for it now I regret it.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-09-10 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rerunning redsn0w should reinstall cydia without deleting your apps. It might not fix your problem though

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddonuts4 For This Useful Post:

RDL (2009-09-11)

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Rerunning redsn0w should reinstall cydia without deleting your apps. It might not fix your problem though
    Thanks! I never thought about this option. After researching and not finding any info I've decided to just live with it for awhile. I don't constantly install and uninstall things in Cydia so its not a daily inconvenience but eventually I will either try your method or just bite the bullet and do a complete restore.

UPDATE - I updated Erica Utilities and Cydia finally stopped configuring every app I had installed and making me reboot device after I add or remove an app. Problem solved.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-09-14 at 10:25 AM.