Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "this iphone 3G[S] has an ECID SHSH on file"

Default "this iphone 3G[S] has an ECID SHSH on file"
    There was an upgrade to Cydia a moment ago, and after this shows on the top of the Cydia homescreen:
    "this iphone 3G[S] has an ECID SHSH on file"

Anyone who knows what it means?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It means you don't have to go through the steps of getting the ecid yourself. Some people think Apple will implement a system that will prevent the iPhone from being jailbroken in the near future. Having this code is supposed to work around that.

I clicked no thNks by mistake, can som1 post wer it redirects u to plz

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Also any clue as to where it is stored?

Thanks

Saw it today also in the update, the text changes.

But where is it stored?

possible that the file will be synced with the iTunes Backup?
    Last edited by blatz; 2009-09-08 at 03:15 PM.

I just got this today too. Modmyi should spread the word and make this an official news item

Thought I should share this with you:

"Jay Freeman (saurik)
    to me

show details 3:19 PM (1 minute ago)

I store them on my server, and am working with the various jailbreak teams on being able to have the tools just magically use my server to get what it needs.

Envoyé de mon iPhone"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to theplague For This Useful Post:

1tufgt (2009-09-08), blatz (2009-09-08), cachehog (2009-09-08), Hitone (2009-09-08), mpgsingle (2009-11-13), qmega (2009-10-07)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are many references to this ecid number in your log files, from usr/bin I think... also email addresses, sim phone number and a whole heap of other garbled crap. Does having the ecid shsh also mean saurik has these cookies? Curious... Not pointing fingers.. What a wonderful db apple must have...

any ideia if this "protection" apple is planning, is for the 3.1 firmware to come???

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Someone on another forum asked where apple got their stats on the alleged 10percent of iPhones being jailbroken. If root alpine was their key during an iTunes sync... There's the answer.

Thanks

like theplague told us, it´s just for development and collecting data files for an public hack with jailbreak devs

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    I clicked no thNks by mistake, can som1 post wer it redirects u to plz
    I did this, too. How to I get the option back? I reinstall of Cydia didn't do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I was never able to get the files myself. I ran this and it says they are stored. Won't we need these on our on PC's for 3.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good question bgattis. I went ahead and accepted saurik's help, and got the message about the ECID SHSH being on file.
    Personally, I'd like to see the ECID not only on saurik's server, but also on my PC, just for safety's sake. Maybe I'm just paranoid, though.

I just got mine stored on Cydia, and I'm gonna go home and get the files myself as well for my own pc as soon I get out of class. I did it on my old 3gs but it broke down, and got replaced with this one. If anyone needs help doing it PM me and I'll link you to the auto-grabber program that makes it point and click for you.

-Scitzo

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scitzofrenic For This Useful Post:

Keyser Soze (2009-10-10), Rokesomesmeefer (2009-09-08)

anyone figure out how to enable it once you have selected no the first time it came up?
    I pressed no by mistake.

I've had a ton of PM's asking for the ECID and iBEC/iBSS grabbers, so here you go, I'll post it here as well. Still feel free to PM me if any help is needed.

difrnt Blog Archive ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber

Both an ECID grabber and a IBEC/iBSS grabber there. Endorsed by BigBoss. Worked wonders for me. Enjoy :-)

ECID grabber direct link here: http://www.difrnt.com/projects/purpl...ID_Grabber.zip

iBEC and iBSS grabber direct link here: http://www.difrnt.com/projects/purpl...SS_Grabber.zip

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

With this will i need my IBSS and IBEC?

I loaded the update today on my phone, and I don't know if this was there before or not, but on my Phone, Mail, Safari, and iPod buttons on the bottom, there are small petal like status icons (kinda looks like the icon you would see when you turn off your iPhone that spins). Anyone seeing this?

OK...i'm confused. I am jailbroke on 3.01 using the 3.0 ipsw. I did not capture any ibec, ecid, or ibss file before I did this. I have a 3GS. Am I screwed? Do I need to totally wipe my device and get those files before I do an upgrade to 3.1? Someone clear this up please.

I accepted the message in Cydia and it says I have a file stored. I'd like to know where. I'd like to have it on my PC, too. Someone?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Putty For This Useful Post:

drummindrummer (2009-09-09)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast