Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "this iphone 3G[S] has an ECID SHSH on file"

For those who hit "no thanks" here's the response I got from Saurik on how to fix it ...

"On the bottom of the main page is a paragraph of text. Click the word "developing" (temporary, secret link; am working on a better interface). -j"

It worked great.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vegasflyby For This Useful Post:

lakerzfan27 (2009-09-09)

developing text worked perfectly. thanks cause i was pissed when i accidentally clicked no thanks

ok I'm lost in this this thing is for?? why he need to put something in mi iphone this is for spy or something? is this secure? sorry for be a dumb but maybe some one have this question too..

p.s. i press the button to help but i don't know for what lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheOx View Post
    I loaded the update today on my phone, and I don't know if this was there before or not, but on my Phone, Mail, Safari, and iPod buttons on the bottom, there are small petal like status icons (kinda looks like the icon you would see when you turn off your iPhone that spins). Anyone seeing this?
    Thats from backgrounder. open it, go to the settings, and you can turn those off. it just shows u whats running in the background.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Clean For This Useful Post:

TheOx (2009-09-09)

Thanks! I was really confused about it cause it wasn't there before I updated Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by scitzofrenic View Post

ECID grabber direct link here: http://www.difrnt.com/projects/purpl...ID_Grabber.zip

iBEC and iBSS grabber direct link here: http://www.difrnt.com/projects/purpl...SS_Grabber.zip
    Pls correct my understanding. To get the iBEC and iBSS a restore is required??? If that's the case might have to see what 3.1 has to offer. Don't want to go through that ordeal unless absolutely required.

Quote Originally Posted by bugoy8 View Post
    Pls correct my understanding. To get the iBEC and iBSS a restore is required??? If that's the case might have to see what 3.1 has to offer. Don't want to go through that ordeal unless absolutely required.
    You are correct. To capture your device's iBEC and iBSS files, you will need to do a DFU restore. But if you want to do it, do it -now- 3.1 prevents you from capturing those files, and without those files, it may be impossible to EVER jailbreak your phone again if you install 3.1 without capturing them.

Quote Originally Posted by scitzofrenic View Post
    You are correct. To capture your device's iBEC and iBSS files, you will need to do a DFU restore. But if you want to do it, do it -now- 3.1 prevents you from capturing those files, and without those files, it may be impossible to EVER jailbreak your phone again if you install 3.1 without capturing them.
    Ok thanks. Of course the above is on the basis that I upgrade to 3.1. Will probably do this exercise once the upgrade is completely justified.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If apple is preventing anyone from restoring anything before 3.1 on the 3gs then these tools no longer work correct? If I go into restore mode to get the ECID and other files it will fail saying that the restore code I am using is unsigned or something like that?

Thanks

via Twitter:

geohot if you used the purplera1n ECID generator and lost your file, type your ecid again. it'll work. but people who didn't do it are out of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    via Twitter:

geohot if you used the purplera1n ECID generator and lost your file, type your ecid again. it'll work. but people who didn't do it are out of luck

dont work for me, get a error message: something went wrong...

so right now I am on a 3g[s] running on 3.0.1 .. I hit 'yes' in cydia and it said that it had my ECID on file.. I am running itunes 9.. I did not grab my IBEC and IBSS files.. is there anyway i can still get those files??

Cydia -62 did not prompt me for storing ECID, am running 3.01 3gs.

'developing' link did not work either, it wasnt responding.

any idea?

many thanks.

Does it means that if I never had gone to purplera1n to get my ECID on my 3GS 3.0, even if I go to geohot site, it will not generate the ECID file for me?

Please help!! Show me how to get the SHSH and EICD? and how to store in Cydia (Wevsite?) Desperated Thanks

I did all the steps on how to downgrade 3gs 3.1 to 3.0 but it kept saying "This not ..........firmware to build". Need help!
    Last edited by kimoanh53; 2009-09-21 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You cannot downgrade to 3.0 if you didnīt get your Ecid in time. Now its too late, you canīt get it anymore (At least the 3.0 one, Saurik lets you safe the 3.1 now).

Smile 3.1 ECID SHSH On file ....!
    Hi guys & girls , I have an iPhone 3GS and now reports that it has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on file with Cydia , even tho my 3GS is the 3.0.1 firmware , how will that help if i ever ran into problems with it my iPhone , i.e needing to do a restore etc etc , and what other tools would i need to use if so , ( Jail Broken with Redsn0w ) ...

Thanks , any help would be great .

I people, I'm lost, I followed a link after googling "this device has a pending TSS request" on cydia. This is 32gigs 3GS on 3.1.2 , freshly JBen with blackra1n and running smoothly. I usuay accept all upgrade prompt from cydia, so idont think I've missed anything. But the message is there, and the text link at bottom ain't working.

Am i okay? Didnt get anything suspect from iTunes either

Quote Originally Posted by Guestard View Post
    Someone on another forum asked where apple got their stats on the alleged 10percent of iPhones being jailbroken. If root alpine was their key during an iTunes sync... There's the answer.
    when u first sync ur ipod it askes if u want to send stuff to apple i looked in that folder and saw cydia http://modmyi.com/forums/images/smilies/suprised.png

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast