Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia crashed... new to this... neeed help please :(

Default cydia crashed... new to this... neeed help please :(
    Hey people,
    so i just jailbroke my ipod first gen. last night... got kinda excited and downloaded a bunch of stuff for winterboard.. after i tried going into cydia, it crashes and goes back into the home screen.

i've been reading a bunch of forums and seems that the only way i can get cydia to work again is if i delete it thru my SSH on my ipod.. but i didnt download it on cydia prior to the crash...

can please someone help me! i even tried jailbreaking it again.. and nothing... i don't know what to do anymore.

im hoping i dont have to anything drastic to my ipod for it to work again.
    Last edited by raee_anne; 2009-08-20 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raee_anne View Post
    Hey people,
    so i just jailbroke my ipod first gen. last night... got kinda excited and downloaded a bunch of stuff for winterboard.. after i tried going into cydia, it crashes and goes back into the home screen.

i've been reading a bunch of forums and seems that the only way i can get cydia to work again is if i delete it thru my SSH on my ipod.. but i didnt download it on cydia prior to the crash...

can please someone help me! i even tried jailbreaking it again.. and nothing... i don't know what to do anymore.

im hoping i dont have to anything drastic to my ipod for it to work again.
    We still haven't received word and it feels like MMi is ignoring us of any updates
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ not being ignored but no one has a answer. Could be several things. You could start by using SBSettings and turn off all the mobile substrate apps and turn them on one by one to see if it is a conflict with an app that is causing it. Or most times it is that the phone was restored from a back up rather then setting up as a new phone. Deleting all sources and adding them back in one by one. Doing a fresh restore. Just not 100% sure why. Sorry guys, good luck.

ive tried all of that. my cydia opens then with a second or two closes. it just started happeneing last night for no reason now it doesnt work at all. i rejailbroke my phone 3 times, rebooted it, ssh'd and cleared all of my sources. i restored the whole phone, and jailbroke it fresh and it still doesnt work. wtf.? is there no way to fix this .?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I can just hope that you find an answer. I have read tons of threads about this problem and no one that has found a cure that I know of has ever reporte back on what it took to cure it. I feel certain that if you googled it you would find tons of people that have had the same deal. Some have given up and installed Icy. You find a fix, you let us know.

I had that issue, thought I messed up because I was trying to reinstall Cydia Installer when, I think, their site went down. Got the same try to load and fails routine. Finally re-jailbroke w/redsnow and reinstalled everything carefully. No problems since. Kinda hard way to fix, but it did a good job of it. 3G running 3.0.1 w/no issues. Now have the Gruppled lockscreen and (my) customized icon set folded into another theme.

i jailbroke my ipod soo many times... honestly.. restore it to facotry settings... it worked for me..

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

uh... try restoring