Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia keyboards

Default cydia keyboards
    i have a jailbroken iphone 3g running on 3.01 firmware and im having trouble with getting keyboards from cydia to work. whenever i install a keyboard for example blue keyboard shadow, it will be in winterboard, but when i apply it and go to type there is no blue keyboard shadow?? this is also true for every other keyboard or keyboard affect?? can someone please help me!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Keyboard themes don't work with 3.0 but there a thread around here to make it work but it's hard just search
    don't forget to say thx

Thanks

make that 1,000,001 threads now...

how do you get the keyboards to work? sorry im new to this

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Search

It's impossible with winterboard and will always be impossible with winterboard.. Well thats what saurik says

Quote Originally Posted by ZBURKE15 View Post
    how do you get the keyboards to work? sorry im new to this
    This is the only known way to make this work that anyone has found.. it is a huge program and i would imagine that it has to slow you down and kill battery life i started to try it until i realized how big the app was but seems it works just not auto correct and allot of images to rename etc..

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ard-3-0-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by ErikSocal View Post
    This is the only known way to make this work that anyone has found.. it is a huge program and i would imagine that it has to slow you down and kill battery life i started to try it until i realized how big the app was but seems it works just not auto correct and allot of images to rename etc..

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ard-3-0-a.html
    Yeah it'll kill the battery and slow your device down. If saurik could figure out a way to make winterboard have it again and not make it slow down that would be awesome and the only way you get the themed keyboards which the way you posted you cant get auto correct which sucks

Removed
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2009-08-25 at 08:47 AM. Reason: removed links to make other forum member happy

On this page you can find my SMS BLACK theme this is about as far as i can get it for a complete sms theme since the keyboard isn't gonna work with us lol

http://modmyi.com/forums/winterboard...ml#post4918457

This uses the background from Glass Orbs Color modified for the new Cydia update to be SMS background

Thats just spam.. we are not talking about sms themes we are talking about keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeipodtouchshehe View Post
    Thats just spam.. we are not talking about sms themes we are talking about keyboards
    Well to be quite honest since someone started a thread without doing the homework based on keyboards which are used primarily for SMS more so for the average user this would be the closest working mod other than the iAccess to atleast give that section a new look.. but of course this entire thread could of been over looked had someone read sauriks updates and searched as mentioned way up there before even wasting the band width on the forum for this thread.. just tried to make it more useful even answered the question but its cool ill remove them... and Spam generally comes from one looking to make gain on you seeing what they post or clicking the link there is nothing to gain from this post just helping and letting others know this and iAccess and things like this is all we can do for now on 3.0 or .1

Well to be quite honest since someone started a thread without doing the homework based on keyboards which are used primarily for SMS more so for the average user this would be the closest working mod other than the iAccess to atleast give that section a new look.. but of course this entire thread could of been over looked had someone read sauriks updates and searched as mentioned way up there before even wasting the band width on the forum for this thread.. just tried to make it more useful even answered the question but its cool ill remove them... and Spam generally comes from one looking to make gain on you seeing what they post or clicking the link there is nothing to gain from this post just helping and letting others know this and iAccess and things like this is all we can do for now on 3.0 or .1
    Well there is not really any bandwidth I'm sure they have a host that give them unlimited bandwidth so you can't really waste it. And not all people keep up with sauriks twitter. It was just a forum to talk about keyboards really and if there was a possible they to theme them which saurik dis not mention on how to do that. But I do apprectiate you removing your post!

Again no matter if you keep up with it or not this has been discussed time and time again on this forum and many others... Google would of given this answer it's been asked so many times.. And aparently the poster was new so thought inwould shed some light on his options cause I can guarentee it is for his SMS keyboard more so than anything else... And in many posts it has been refrenced where everyone that has been attempting , myself included, to theme keyboards in 3.0 has found it to be entirely not worth the hassle...

Again no matter if you keep up with it or not this has been discussed time and time again on this forum and many others... Google would of given this answer it's been asked so many times.. And aparently the poster was new so thought inwould shed some light on his options cause I can guarentee it is for his SMS keyboard more so than anything else... And in many posts it has been refrenced where everyone that has been attempting , myself included, to theme keyboards in 3.0 has found it to be entirely not worth the hassle...
    Or he could have been wanting to theme the keyboard everywhere like safari icy cydia notes stuff like that not just sms

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilikeipodtouchshehe For This Useful Post:

allenoid (2009-08-26)