Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has cydia been crashing for anybody else lately?

Default Has cydia been crashing for anybody else lately?
    Like I can't do anything. I'll open it, get the spinning wheel and then crash. Can I fix this without restoring. I really don't want to do that. Help?!?!
    No link... Thanks

Yes, for me too.
    Since about an hour.

What's up with this? I'v tried pretty much every suggestion in all the earlier threads on this, but nothing solves it.

Anyone else?

same here too, i can see some source messing around -cydia.iphoneil.net, but even after deleting it in lists I get it back when cydia loads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0035.png  
    Last edited by tosbsas; 2009-08-11 at 04:10 PM. Reason: missing screenshot

yea same here that iphoneil source is messing it up somehow. Maybe try deleting all the sources?
    No link... Thanks

How do you manually delete a source if you can't get into Cydia? This crashing thing is really annoying and I can't read Hebrew so no idea how to contact the site about their repo.

In the last half hour many users have reported me they Cydia crashes because of the website source. After a comprehensive check it appears that our source is the problem.
    After a chat with the storage company itís appears that there was a problem with the direction of our source address and when the Cydia updated the source, it crashed.
    In order to fix the problem follow this steps:

Connect to the iPhone in ssh using winscp or any other program and goto:

private/var/lib/apt/lists/

Then delete this files:

* cydia.iphoneil.net_._Packages
    * cydia.iphoneil.net_._Release

Very important: Reboot the device when finished.

If the source doesnít exist, please add it http://cydia.iphoneil.net and everything will be as before.
    sorry for the inconvenience

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneil.net For This Useful Post:

Lecram25 (2009-08-11)

in any case - have you got that one too?

cydia.ipitg.net?

What did I do:

Delete iphoneil in the lists folder - keep folder open
    Start Cydia again - stop updating and enter sources
    Delete cydia.ipitg.net
    Check all the time if you see iphoneil again showing up (I pressed several time refresh in winscp)and if you see it delete it inmediatly, when all went thru reboot
    Done

Worked here

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneil.net View Post
    In the last half hour many users have reported me they Cydia crashes because of the website source. After a comprehensive check it appears that our source is the problem.
    After a chat with the storage company it’s appears that there was a problem with the direction of our source address and when the Cydia updated the source, it crashed.

Then delete this files:

If the source doesn’t exist, please add it http://cydia.iphoneil.net and everything will be as before.
    Problem is that it would let itself delete -always came back, I had to do it as describe one post on top of this one
    Last edited by tosbsas; 2009-08-11 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After deleting the files you have to reboot the iphone
    Last edited by iPhoneil.net; 2009-08-11 at 07:39 PM.

I actually did but they cam back always -was too wierd. Everytime cydia loaded new data. Maybe ithad to do with the other source - terminal apt-get said something about header diff

I deleted them using iFile right on the phone, avoiding SSH'ing, and it worked like a charm.

cydia is pretty unrelible lately, i wish apple would approve it and have it on the appstore (sheepish LOL)

Worked like a charm! Thanks, I can use Cydia again... and update qTweeter!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia crashed form me today after trying to update "attachment downloader" crashed during download.

I deleted all sources in /list and cydia.app/sources. Still no go. Checked cydia log and says run dpg --configure -a I did this in terminal, but I don't understand what else to do. Tried reboot, still crashes.

I didn't have the source listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneil.net View Post
    After a chat with the storage company it’s appears that there was a problem with the direction of our source address and when the Cydia updated the source, it crashed.

Then delete this files:

If the source doesn’t exist, please add it http://cydia.iphoneil.net and everything will be as before.
    I
    can't find it, i looked for it but there's only 3 files thy begin with cydia but Rey are not what you wrote on your post
    Last edited by RonHC; 2009-08-18 at 05:30 AM.
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigperm26 View Post
    Cydia crashed form me today after trying to update "attachment downloader" crashed during download.

I deleted all sources in /list and cydia.app/sources. Still no go. Checked cydia log and says run dpg --configure -a I did this in terminal, but I don't understand what else to do. Tried reboot, still crashes.

I didn't have the source listed above.
    Crashed 6 times yesterday...seems ok today...not sure why this was happening but it certainly was a pain in the you know where...hope its fixed now