Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Cydia Crashes every time after iTunes sync!!!

Angry HELP! Cydia Crashes every time after iTunes sync!!!
    I just tried jail breaking for the first time today, it's great! Cydia works well, I used redsn0w v 7.2 without installing icy. I had what seems like a common problem with 8.0 where my phone got stuck on the second reboot multiple times. Anyway I used 7.2 on a fresh restored iPhone, installed my programs through cydia, etc. Then when I go to get my contacts and music from iTunes through sync, once it's complete the actual cydia ap crashes and will not start. I have tried loading everything after a restore then jailbreak, and I have also tried restoring, then jailbreaking, then loading my stuff, then redsn0w again. All the cydia and apple apps work also. Of course hard reset has been tried, and I have cleared and reinstalled stuff a few times now. The same thing happens everytime. I have a 3g with 3.0. Help Please?

I'm having exactly the same problem, on a 3GS 32GB. My phone was working fine for the past few weeks and although I wasn't using Cydia every day (to pinpoint when the problem happened), I'm pretty sure it was fine.

I was using geohot's purplera1n JB when the problem happened, and I decided to restore and try redsn0w. So I updated to 3.0.1 (might as well), and did a new JB. At this point, everything was working fine, including Cydia.

As soon as I restored my backup from iTunes though, Cydia started crashing.

cydia.log in /tmp is 0 bytes, but I get the following in the CrashReporter log:

Incident Identifier: 97D38D36-CD2E-4D00-99A1-2C848C2144FE
    CrashReporter Key: eb8ba8fce7732ca6ddded7d701038bf9577de266
    Process: Cydia_ [186]
    Path: //Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_
    Identifier: Cydia_
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: ARM (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2009-08-05 11:33:30.538 +0100
    OS Version: iPhone OS 3.0.1 (7A400)
    Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x31da079c 0x31d46000 + 370588
    1 Cydia_ 0x00012bae 0x1000 + 72622
    2 Cydia_ 0x0000202c 0x1000 + 4140
    (this is not the entire output of the file)

I suspect there's an app from the iTunes store or some configuration setting that is causing this to happen - I can't explain it any other way.

If I don't find a solution for this I'm planning on doing a full restore and manually reinstall all my apps and their configuration settings (I've backed these up via SFTP). So hopefully I'll be able to identify what is causing the problem. But it's a long shot, as it assumes I have time!!!

If anyone else has something to add, please let us know!

FYI I tried every tip in the book (deleting apt sources, update files, cache cleaner, etc, etc, etc, but none of these made any difference).

-alex
    Last edited by alex_london; 2009-08-05 at 02:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you set up your iphone as new or recover from backup??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadayub For This Useful Post:

zhp43867 (2009-08-05)

Recover backup should I try new than get all my contacts through my new phone. Oh good idea! Also, I didn't get to fully get SSH working even though it's on my phone so get-cydia or whatever isn't an option.

I recovered from backup - I don't care about contacts, calendar or emails, as I synchronise with Exchange Server for those, so I could have set it up as new.

But for SMS messages, photos, and application settings (my precious game saves!) I can only get them if I recover from backup.

Which is why I mentioned I'd try manually recovering the settings via SFTP after I wipe it clean and JB again.

For now I've manually installed ICE (via apt-get), so I can live with it for now...

-alex

I got a similar crash.. Even after re-jailbreak with redsnow..
    Log posted here
    Personality DNA Blog: Cydia crash to springboard .. Please help .. Cydia CrashReporter log .. I've tried everything..literally
    I'm thinking to go with icy.. If I can..

I restored mine completely and re-jailbroke it, everything's ok now. Didn't really want to go through that process, but had to as I messed some other things up when playing around in SSH...

Default hey
    its looks like you had some luck, well say bye-bye to all your cydia apps .. i have lots of cydia apps or at least a hassle to re-install all of them.. im using ICY for now. I will keep trying cydia fixing tips over time and when i finally find a solution ill be sure to post all over the internet.

but ya the coolest cydia apps (which could probably kill cydia since my cydia died and re-jailbreaking or deleting sources , etc will NOT fix it.. its DEAD. like theres a shot to cydias heart.. )
    • isteamy lolz of course
    • supreme preferences 3.0 via ************* source
    • sbsettings .. bigboss i think.. gives you a task list, lets you turn off wifi ssh, accessible via the top time/battery indicator bar just swipe across and bam!..also a PROCESS LIST. you can kill processes and save memory.. especially if you use backgrounder you would need that.
    • 6rows springboard.. (6+1=7 including dock) .. cydia.touch-mania.com
    • 8 app dock (via supreme prefenences settings)+ % battery indicator in the top bar as well
    • openssh (duh) if you want to FTP or SSH without tunneling.. which i couldnt get to work.
    • qtweeter full via beyouriphone repo post to facebook and twitter quickly
    • i will be downloading ASAP ..winterboard settings/aka themesettings from modmyi.com

maybe i have some more too bad the installed cydia apps dont really show up in icy.. i guess i could re-install from icy to get the ability to uninstall ..

/private/var/logs/CrashReporter

has saurik fixed this yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Check Out The Thread I Made That's In My Sig! Try The First Method On My Post!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SaeMii3N For This Useful Post:

Arsenal6 (2009-10-06)