Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help
    Hi
    I am new to this I tried to jailbreak m iphone 3g which was successful and after downloading apps the phone would not reboot. I am getting on the screen a usb cable pointing to the itunes disc logo. When I attempt the various upgrades I was told it would not update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am a photographer. The reason I am jail breaking is the amazing interaction with the screen savers and backgrounds the quality is just amazing instead of looking at a dreary screen.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

sounds like you need to do a DFU restore. Plug your phone into your computer and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds. Let go of the power button but continue holding the home button for another 10 seconds. itunes should come up and say "has detected a phone in recovery mode" then restore and rejailbreak. sorry its kind of a pain. You know you can change the "screensaver" also called a lockscreen on a stock phone right?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

When you are jailbreaking your iPhone using redsn0w, if your iPhone screen is dead (blank or black screen) and the redsn0w is showing waiting for reboot, do not panic. All you need to do is put your Apple iPhone back to normal mode (not DFU or recovery mode) and re-jailbreak it again.

Put iPhone to normal mode – You should disconnect the iPhone from your computer first, and then hold both sleep or wake and home buttons together for few seconds and release both buttons when you see Apple logo on the iPhone screen. Once reboot done, you will see the familiar slide to unlock screen on the iPhone.

You should re-jailbreak your iPhone again from the first step. Now, close the redsn0w if it is still running on your computer and reopen the redsn0w to jailbreak your iPhone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

ianbroste (2009-08-06)