Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icons get disappeared!!!

Exclamation Icons get disappeared!!!
    Hi there!

Ok so my iPhone is 3.0 FW jailbroken running apps from different places: the AppStore, cydia, appolous & the iPhone PC Suite.

It was running fine before I had to upgrade the iPhone PC Suite's Panda Deamon yesterday. I've installed a bunch of PXL packages from the iPhone PC Suite and when I had to respring, everything came back to normal. Since I had way too many apps on the springboard, I've downloaded Categories to make my SB looks better. I made my "folders" and when I had to respring, all my icons were gone (I'm not talking about the ones in the Categories folders!). The other half that were in the Categories folders just wouldn't load for most of them :/

First, I thought it was because of Categories which - I'm sorry - is mad unstable. Most of the icons came back on the SB but some of them didn't. So I noticed that major part of the hidden apps were installed through Instalous and the AppStore, icons from cydia and iPhone PC Suite are mostly (or all) there... Any clue?

What I just did was reinstalling the Panda Deamon, I reboot and all my icons where there, then I tried to respring from SBSettings, and the exact same icons disappeared again...

What should I do?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mklinoo; 2009-07-26 at 11:05 PM.

Icons disappearing seems to be a very common problem on firmware 3.0. There is this one quick solution that sometimes works out. Try going into Settings > General > Restrictions and enable restrictions. Then shortly after go back there and disable them. That usually brings the icons back.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

mklinoo (2009-07-26)

Surprisingly.. it worked lol thanks man!

Also I've got the Stack installed, when I got an icon in the stack, I hide it from the SB. When I installed Categories, I've put some of the icons already in the stack (already hidden) into a Categories folder which hide them automatically... Could it interfers with the poof app? Like it's hiding the icon twice... which can create conflicts I guess... I don't know!
    Last edited by mklinoo; 2009-07-26 at 11:15 PM.