Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G "forgets" settings and caches screens.

Unhappy iPhone 3G "forgets" settings and caches screens.
    I have been experiencing problems for a while now, and oddly enough the symptoms spear to be getting worse over time. I first noticed an issue when I updated a few apps through the app store and then on respring, the app store randomly showed that the apps still needed to be updated. When I went to install them again, the app store said they were already installed, but the badges finally disappeared. Then a few days layer I noticed that when I launched contacts, one of my contacts was always the first screen I saw all of the time, I even changed the name off the contact, (let's say u changed it from smith to bob) and the next time I launched contacts, the first screen I saw was still smith (cached image?) then a similar thing with the app store. When I launch the app store the same "cached image" of the top 25 apps from like a month ago is the first screen I see, then the app automatically goes to the default app page (after done completely launching?). Now, I attempt to change setting in supreme prefs, and they don't save on respring, and when I launch settings the first screen I see is a "cached image" of my tweetie settings.
    Any ideas? I am on an iPhone 3g, running os 3.0, jailbroken through redsn0w. I am trying to avoid restoring like the plague because I purchsed the app backup solution from the cydia store and it keeps crashing (this may be related to the rest of my issues. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

i've got the same kinda of thing.
    app store always seems to show me a screen from palringo which i downloads about 2 months ago

and settings always loads email screen even though i havent accessed it for about 5 months
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

@Seann33uk, have you tried restoring? I only ask because if you have tried and it didn't work, it would save me (and anyone else who has this problem) the wasted time of restoring.

Ok, I just noticed that on respring my phone doesn't even keep the placement of my icons if I move them, and if I set an alarm in the clock app I lose it. I think this is a .plist file problem. I believe that if I delete the .plist file, my phone will recreate one, correct?