Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sorry for the stupid question, but????

Thanks

Default Sorry for the stupid question, but????
    Hi there.
    I have a 32gb 3Gs and I'm contemplating jail-breaking my iPhone with purplera1n as I'm pissed off with the way that Apple rules and dictates how the phone operates with no user input/personalising other than a few ringtones and crappy wallpapers.
    Not quite sure what I want from a jail-broken phone but here is a wish list of what I would like it to do:
    Notifications of texts, missed calls and emails on the locked home screen.
    If I get a TIFF image emailed to me for the phone to be able to read all different picture formats and then save to somewhere on the phone.
    To create a file or files in the phone for storage of ZIP files etc and be able to cut/copy/paste/email to and from there.
    To be able to set different message alert tones for email, text or MMS (don't want anything too fancy but just a choice would be nice.
    pop ups or reminders for calendar events or meeting reminders other than usual crap thats on the app store.

Thats it for now. Is any of this possible? is there any stability issues with installing any of this through Cydia?

All the best from the UK

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You can pretty much do all of that. It will take some time to set it all up and learn the different mods but we will help you

Thanks

Many thanks StealthBravo. Nice to know there is some help out there. Just being a bit of a Twat and getting nervous in case it all goes wrong. How would I know what type of package to choose and would you recommend only using files from 'trusted sources'? Thanks again