Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where is tricker 3g

Default where is tricker 3g
    I upated my phone to 3.0... when i went to cydia to reinstall tricker 3G it is now missing from cydia?? what happened?

where is it? it was there 3 hours ago?>?

Thanks

Mods please delete
    Last edited by g0sbv; 2009-07-09 at 02:30 PM.

I just checked... not there

Thanks

Edit
    The reason that I am finding it is that I have it installed..
    Last edited by g0sbv; 2009-07-09 at 02:28 PM.

Anyone know if this apps going to go back on cydia,
    im lost without it, un installed it, as was having probs after working great for ages, then i couldnt(find) or re install it.

i believe it has been taken off for an update...i also had it installed and yesterday when sources were refreshed after launching cydia it came up as an upgrade for tricker threeg but once i had clicked to upgrade it was a "0 byte" and could not upgrade obviously..after that I uninstalled tricker threeg from my phone and also could not locate it back on cydia for reinstall...lets hope they took it off for an update for 3gs!

Tricker 3g disappearance
    I think there are 2 possibilities that might have happened.
    1) It's been removed so he can prepare a new update so it can work with 3GS

2) He posted a video asking for a donation so that he can purchase the 3GS so he can work on an update for it.

People replied to his video by slamming him. Maybe he decided to just pull it out and said hell with it.
    Even tho I think his video was strange, The abuse he got was uncalled for.

In any case I hope he does comeback with an update so I can get my sling player running.

Maybe we can donate what our pockets allow us too cuz it is worth it to have our sling working with 3G. I paid 30 bucks for the app and running it on just wifi sucks.
    I know I enjoyed it on my 3G phone.

wow dude where is that video...and if you paid $30 on appstore another $5-$10 in donation woouldnt hurt no body! I would definately donate for the cause man

yeah id donate as well..i miss my 3g sling... where do you find this video?

Yes.. I have noticed it.... When i run cydia it showed me lots of updated in which Tricker ThreeG was included. I though of updated all but Tricker failed to update. It says <3.0. I thought to remove Tricker and reinstall it. But after removing Tricker I could not reinstall it. Next day when logged back to Cydia to try reinstalling again, to my disappointment, it was removed from Cydia. I didn't expect this. VoIPover3G can replace the functions of Tricker but some applications like Nimbuzz are not working on voIPover3G.

Is there any place where we can see Tricker again.

Until we get the Tricker back i tried another quick solution and would like to share with you guys.

Install voIPover3G and go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibrarie using SSH or iFile and edit VoIPover3G.plist. You have to include the application identifier, for example, the identifier for Nimbuzz is "com.nimbuzz.Nimbuzz"....

Respring your phone and try Nimbuzz with 3G and it should work for making voice calls. If still it doesn't work, don't panic.. just start anyother application using 3G (i tried with Safari web browser) and close it... now start Nimbuzz and launch voice call... It will very much work...

Please post feed back here..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smohanv View Post
    Yes.. I have noticed it.... When i run cydia it showed me lots of updated in which Tricker ThreeG was included. I though of updated all but Tricker failed to update. It says <3.0. I thought to remove Tricker and reinstall it. But after removing Tricker I could not reinstall it. Next day when logged back to Cydia to try reinstalling again, to my disappointment, it was removed from Cydia. I didn't expect this. VoIPover3G can replace the functions of Tricker but some applications like Nimbuzz are not working on voIPover3G.

Is there any place where we can see Tricker again.

Until we get the Tricker back i tried another quick solution and would like to share with you guys.

Install voIPover3G and go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibrarie using SSH or iFile and edit VoIPover3G.plist. You have to include the application identifier, for example, the identifier for Nimbuzz is "com.nimbuzz.Nimbuzz"....

Respring your phone and try Nimbuzz with 3G and it should work for making voice calls. If still it doesn't work, don't panic.. just start anyother application using 3G (i tried with Safari web browser) and close it... now start Nimbuzz and launch voice call... It will very much work...

Please post feed back here..
    It didn't work for me. (iphone 3Gs)

didn't work for me too (3G S)

The dev of voipover3g mentioned that tricker3g is an exact copy of voipover3g with matching checksums (Twitter / Geoff Norton: I'm still wondering why ev ...). The guy basically stole the code and changed the plist. Don't expect to see an update before the new voipover3g comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gruk View Post
    The dev of voipover3g mentioned that tricker3g is an exact copy of voipover3g with matching checksums (Twitter / Geoff Norton: I'm still wondering why ev ...). The guy basically stole the code and changed the plist. Don't expect to see an update before the new voipover3g comes out.

Wow I didn't know that!