Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia failing to update. Picture included.

Default Cydia failing to update. Picture included.
    Hello. I am a first time Cydia user. I am wanting to update Cydia because Cydia is telling me to. It is acting buggy without the update, and not letting me complete my downloads. When I put Download Essentials, i get this error.

When i put Complete Upgrade, I do not get the lines of codes in the back, but i still get the Error popup.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

I get the same bullsnitz rofl.

Someone help us

Quote Originally Posted by Nickybobbytrio View Post
    Hello. I am a first time Cydia user. I am wanting to update Cydia because Cydia is telling me to. It is acting buggy without the update, and not letting me complete my downloads. When I put Download Essentials, i get this error.

When i put Complete Upgrade, I do not get the lines of codes in the back, but i still get the Error popup.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?
    EDIT::

Anyways, for anyone getting this error, I'm assuming you upgraded to 3.0 fresh with factory settings. Meaning you wiped out your iPhone/iPod. That being a clean upgrade to 3.0, and make sure you use redsn0w and only install Cydia, you can add Icy through Cydia afterwards!

EDIT 2::

BTW, for people who already have Icy and Cydia installed, just re-jailbreak and you'll be able to update Cydia! And guess what, you'll already have Icy too!
    Last edited by jim007; 2009-07-03 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost