Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia - Hash Sum Mismatch

Thanks

Angry Cydia - Hash Sum Mismatch
    Hi, have any of you got a fix to Cydia coming out with the error "Hash Sum Mismatch". I have 23 updates pending and 10 important ones, but cannot get any of the updates. Please help. Thanks

having the same problem with themes from Apple-News.fr i cant download iSimple! ; ; But i guess yours is a lot worse than my problem ><

even i am suffering from the same problem... plz help.. i have a 2g iphone with 3.0 jailbroken with redsnow 0.7.2 then added icy and cydia and unlocked.. after all this cydia,while upgrading, says hash sum mismatch.. help plz...

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0707P3 View Post
    having the same problem with themes from Apple-News.fr i cant download iSimple! ; ; But i guess yours is a lot worse than my problem ><

Take a look at Apple-News.fr - Voir le sujet - hash sum mismatch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get it every time I try 2 install a font from Font Swap

Thanks

Guess no answer yet???? I believe it has to do with apple-news.fr

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I too am looking to add more fonts to Font Swap, but I can't seem to download them either, I get the same fault. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It's has been that way for a while. I too as well as most all people have the same problem. Apple-News.fr is the biggest error problem for fonts. Don't believe there is a cure for it yet.

Thanks

Hi guys, the problem was actually the initial jailbreak with with redsn0w 7.2 and selecting Icy in the installation process. Restored the phone and re jailbroke with redsn0w 7.1 where you do not have the option of Icy and the issues were all fixed. Try it out.

i cant install any Apple-News.fr programs. it keeps saying hash sum mismatch. if anyone know how to fix this error. Please help! thanks!!!

Smile This could solve it!
    Ok all you have to do is to find out wich source is causing the problem, after that, you'll need to erase it from sources, restar the phone and add the source back. It has to work now
    please let me know if it worked.

@osmarche

... doesn't work!!

This is frustrating! I first added the source with my iPhone 2g and had this error, then I tried adding the source with my iTouch 1g and it had some errors adding it but everything seems to be fine and tried downloading a cracked app from that repo and it worked absolutely fine. But when I add the source with my iPhone it has no problem but installing apps/cracks it says a big "FU" lol. People seem to be having different solutions that worked for them
    Last edited by Music Is What We Trust; 2009-09-19 at 03:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i get these errors with 4.1 and 4.2, i cant download crap!
    in a fresh install i cant even get ultrasnow in!

im getting this error on 4.1/4.2 as i said above. i did fresh installs.
    SO, cant get ultrasnow, cant get anything from hackstor, MANY repos give me the same error. I cant even upgrade to the new cydia. its ALL A DAME HASH SUM MISMATCH ERROR.
    i cant even download Ifile to manually install my debs!!! im blocked everywhere.
    even when downloads are almost done, the error comes up, when its like ALMOST done downloading!. this is an issue IN the phone!
    its not the repos
    its not the internet,
    its not the version or os
    we need serious tech support from Cydia on this matter
    Last edited by mattcha; 2011-04-03 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was getting the same errors aswell when trying to update it and came here for answers. As I was reading your problems I actually fixed mine.

So i was getting the error and would put me back to the changes screen where I could hit the upgrade button for the updates but instead of hitting upgrade again and again and again I locked the screen and left it for 5 mins. After 5 mins tried it again and it just worked?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    I was getting the same errors aswell when trying to update it and came here for answers. As I was reading your problems I actually fixed mine.

So i was getting the error and would put me back to the changes screen where I could hit the upgrade button for the updates but instead of hitting upgrade again and again and again I locked the screen and left it for 5 mins. After 5 mins tried it again and it just worked?
    Yep same here. just had to keep on trying and got it to work
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman

Exclamation Computer -> Idevice with cyder2
    I don't know if it will help anybody. but it was my solution..

I never had this problem in any jailbreak of firmware 4.3.2 and lower. only in 4.3.3 have I encountered it. But in the past I used to get other error messages that would too, stop me from downloading the file through cydia. So i read into it and found a program called 'Cyder2' which.. is simply stated ' Cydia on your computer ' and unlike ifunbox etc.. its not just a filemanager, it lets you browse and download packages from any added sources.. and then it puts it into auto install on your Idevice.. a simple respring or reboot and its installed.

I guess this would be an easy alternative if you get too frustrated with having to 'guess' whether your files are going to download or not

Default Figured out a solution
    So I had this problem too abd fogured out how to fix it. Just go to cydia click on packages and find cydia installer then click on it and select upgrade and you're set. No you can download aythong off cydia without this error

Thanks

Ok just set up my own repo for backup. I can add the source, no problem but when I try to install anything. I get a hash sum mismatch error. I have verified that the MD5sum of each package listed in the Packages file is correct. I have the correct .bz2 from the. Here is my repo set up.
    /debs
    /Packages
    /Packages.bz2
    /Release
    /debs/(my .deb files are here)

If anyone can help i would appreciate it. Also if a moderator wishes to help I will be willing to offer ftp access (only to mods)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iModdr For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (2016-01-17)

Default Fix to Hash Sum Mismatch error in Cydia
    I was just trying to dload a tweak and got the hash sum mismatch error.....
    I dont have multitasking since I just have the Iphone 3g so I just hit the HOME button to exit out of Cydia and then went back in Cydia and went to the same tweak and I was able to dload it that time!

mod edit/cracked app repo reference removed.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2012-05-19 at 10:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast