Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia - Hash Sum Mismatch

Thanks

Thank you for modding that. As much as it irritates me that people feel they need to pirate people's work, I will tell you that there is nothing you can do to fix a hash sum mismatch error. Only the owner of the repo can do that. It requires putting all the correct hash codes in the Packages file on the repo (which I figured out shortly after making my post) not just the md5 hash. Two things to gather from my reply stop using hacked repos (you run a chance of getting a version that may not work on your device and it's morally wrong how would you like it if I stole from you) and two just have to be patient until the file is corrected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iModdr View Post
    Ok just set up my own repo for backup. I can add the source, no problem but when I try to install anything. I get a hash sum mismatch error. I have verified that the MD5sum of each package listed in the Packages file is correct. I have the correct .bz2 from the. Here is my repo set up.
    /debs
    /Packages
    /Packages.bz2
    /Release
    /debs/(my .deb files are here)

If anyone can help i would appreciate it. Also if a moderator wishes to help I will be willing to offer ftp access (only to mods)
    Did you ever find a fix? I am having the same issue right now, however it is also years later from when you had it. I was just hoping you could help me because I can't really find anybody else who had a better description or understanding. In my Packages.bz2 file, I did have the proper hash sums, or at least according to the program i used on my mac to get them. It is called File Info Professional from the Mac App Store. Perhaps it is just an issue with that...? Idk. Also, what is in the /Release folder? What is this and how do you create it, and do you even need it? The tutorial I used to make my repo on How to make your own Cydia Repo (Completely Free)! - The Tech Game is a bit misleading and confusing, and I did learn to change the packages file, etc, but It never mentions anything there about the release files, but I know they exist because even Saurik has Release.gpg on his repo, and I know this mainly from getting nice little errors a lot of times when trying to refresh Cydia... :P They go away, they are just from server overload.
    Last edited by iH85CH001; 2016-01-05 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Did you ever find a fix?
    4+ year old thread my friend, in fact it was started before you became a member here.

Original is from 6/2009
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2016-01-05 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    4+ year old thread my friend, in fact it was started before you became a member here.

Original is from 6/2009
    but no matter how old the post is, I was asking iModdr if he ever found a fix to the issue he stated, as it is the same that I have. So if you could review that, any help would be appreciated.

I was suffering from that error but i got understand that it is too easy to fix. Go to this URL: Page not found | Cydia Download and you will know how to fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12