Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mobile log won't uninstall

Default mobile log won't uninstall
    after i updated to 3.0 firmware i used redsn0w to jailbreak. everything went well except that when i tried to install an app i bought called 'Mobilelog' i ran into problems. the app went on ok but wouldn't work properly. the phone dialer would crash. so i uninstalled but it wouldn't uinstall properly. that was ver 2.3. ver 3.0 has came out to coinside with the new 3.0 firmware but it won't install now.
    i am left with the problem...can't uninstall ver 2.3 & can't install ver 3.0. i get the 'sub-process/user/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1).
    then a message '/var/cache/apt/archives/com.iXtension.MobileLog_3.0_iphoneos-arm.deb'
    trying to overwrite
    /applications/MobileLog.app/_CodeSignature/CodeResources', which is also in package
    com.iclarified.cydia.MobileLog.

i have restored many times but this does not fix the problem.

i would appreciate any help..........

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crcjetty View Post
    after i updated to 3.0 firmware i used redsn0w to jailbreak. everything went well except that when i tried to install an app i bought called 'Mobilelog' i ran into problems. the app went on ok but wouldn't work properly. the phone dialer would crash. so i uninstalled but it wouldn't uinstall properly. that was ver 2.3. ver 3.0 has came out to coinside with the new 3.0 firmware but it won't install now.
    i am left with the problem...can't uninstall ver 2.3 & can't install ver 3.0. i get the 'sub-process/user/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1).
    then a message '/var/cache/apt/archives/com.iXtension.MobileLog_3.0_iphoneos-arm.deb'
    trying to overwrite
    /applications/MobileLog.app/_CodeSignature/CodeResources', which is also in package
    com.iclarified.cydia.MobileLog.

i have restored many times but this does not fix the problem.

i would appreciate any help..........
    I got the same problem. I rebooted after the error in Cydia and MobileLog worked. However, I couldn't access my Phone Dialer. I uninstalled MobileLog and my settings went back to normal. Make sure you try to uninstall in Cydia. If not, restore to stock 3.0 and JB and unlock again.

problem solved...used ftp to delete whatever files associated with mobilelog i could find & the new mobilelog 3.0 went on perfectly...
    thanks ...