Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia update - now most apps cause springboard to crash

Default Cydia update - now most apps cause springboard to crash
    So, I saw there was some updates on Cydia earlier today and I ran them. Now, most of the apps on my phone will not open. The springboard will crash, putting the phone into safemode.

I see another post that mentions the sbsettings app is the culperate, but I was able to remove all that, and it still happens. Any ideas?

Jailbroken 3G running v3.0 os.

Very strange.. I removed an app that I installed with app store and then re-installed it. Now, all the apps are working again. Don't know why, and I guess it no longer matters..

Moot
    Last edited by sbd; 2009-06-22 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah. Same here. I can't launch ANY of my apps from the apple store...they all cause the springboard to crash. i tried downloading them again, jailbreaking again, rebootin....nothing. Some of the 3rd party apps won't work either, like the NES app...However, Safari, YouTube, and Mail work, just not the DOWNLOADED apps.

P.S. I already tried re-syncing with iTunes.

That sounds like the exact problem I had. A different version of sbsettings came out since my original post. I upgraded to that version, removed and installed a apple app store app, rebooted and it all started working.

Default Sbsettings
    Def SBSettings causing this - obv. needs update - I've completely uninstalled and crashing seemed to have ceased...