Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia wont launch anymore?

3G Jailbroken using RedSn0w and having the same issues with cydia, but on my 2G cydia works perfect.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Hi guys, I usually dont ask for help, but I have an odd problem...
    I jailbroke my 3G yesterday with redsn0w and it worked without a hitch. I spent 3 hours getting my theme back, and ran Cydia about 40 times reinstalling all my Cydia apps.

Last night I wanted to check into Cydia to see if any 3.0 app updates came through, and Cydia wont launch anymore, I have tapped the icon about 300 times for the last 14 hours, the default screen comes up for about 2 seconds, then crashes back to springboard.

All the other apps and functions of my phone work fine, but Cydia will not run! I tried disabling all my MobileSubstrate apps using SBSSettings, and every other trick that I know of.

I really dont want to restore and start all over again, because everything else is working!! Any suggestions?

UPDATE: (3 hours later)
    Well thanks for all the input guys... If I asked if there was a jailbreak for the 3GS, this would be the most popular thread today.

I just finished a full restore and jailbreak, tried to launch Cydia, same *&^$##@^@ thing, I have never had these types of issues before.

I guess i'm stuck with a *#%%$@* stock iPhone from now on...

Follow these instructions: Cydia Crashes When Loading Tech Chronicle

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iphoneuser2008 For This Useful Post:

darkknight75 (2009-07-22), soulthoughts (2009-07-20)

My issue was also th /lists folder.. i jus deleted everything in the foder except the "partial" folder. and it works perfectly fine now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser2008 View Post
    This worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy67 View Post
    I had the exact same problem same log file. I was able to use iphone browser and go to var/lib/dpkg/updates and delete all files in the update folder. Cydia has worked fine since
    deleting the contents of that ^^^ folder fixed mine up!!! thanks for that

Thanks

I had the exact same problem same log file. I was able to use iphone browser and go to var/lib/dpkg/updates and delete all files in the update folder. Cydia has worked fine since
    Wow thank you very much, if no one has posted this yet, im pretty sure its from upgrading the "Five Icon Dock" thats wat screwed me up.

just to piggy back.

i to updated the five icon dock and had the cydia crashing on startup prob. did the above fix and am now back to normal

I'm not sure five icon dock is the problem because I have my phone running it and never had cydia crash since I restored and rejailbroke I think it's happend once or twice through mem issue but five icon dock doesent seem to be the culprit in my case but I wooden recomend installing it yet anyway because I messes the dock up

Thanks

var/lib/dpkg/updates and delete all files in the update folder
    Worked for me to thanks!

Just delete everything in the updates folder. I tried it and it worked

Sorry already posted
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2009-08-31 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi there, not sure if anyone else has experienced this but tried to load Cydia today and it just keeps crashing! it was working last night and i never installed anything new.

Cheers!

Happened to me too last night I restored my phone today and it still wont start not cool

Quote Originally Posted by vicoguerrero View Post
    Happened to me too last night I restored my phone today and it still wont start not cool
    Yeah man that's definately not cool! So you went to the effort of restoring!! God that must have took a while! I was contemplating it but it's working good now and i cannot be bothered to start all over again until new software update is out again! Hope Cydia just starts working again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s_888 View Post
    Yeah man that's definately not cool! So you went to the effort of restoring!! God that must have took a while! I was contemplating it but it's working good now and i cannot be bothered to start all over again until new software update is out again! Hope Cydia just starts working again!
    So it just started working for you? You didn't do anything? I hope mine starts to work too...that would be sooo kewl

Ah no it's not working again! Don't know what's going on with it!! :-( so annoying!

mine is still not working I rejailbroke and installed icy but when I installed winterboard it went in to safe mode and rebooted and and still safe mode gunna have to restore again need help wants going on

Yay Cydia has magically started working again! As soon as it did, it came up with essential upgrade for Cydia! Working like it should do now! Happy Days! :-)

did this and it worked: Cydia Crashes When Loading Tech Chronicle

thanx! love you guys for this!

tim

sweet jesus it worked. Idk why those 2 update files i had made it crash. Ironic huh....update was the problem lol.

All you gotta do is ssh into your phone either with cyberduck or winscp depending if you got windows or a mac and go to private/var/lib/dpkg/updates and delete the files in there and thats it.

Thanks

Iphone Browser is the way to go imo...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast