Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Five Icon Dock on 3.0

When I jailbroke my 2g on firmware 3.0 using redsn0w, I unticked icy so it didnt install. This means i now get all the updates on cydia with no problems.....also, I have 5 Icon Dock and 5 Column Springboard working fine. Dont know if this helps anyone, but the 5 icon/springboard apps are working on 3.0

I've been all over the web trying to find a solution. No one seems to know what to do. I'm tired of hearing people say "it works for me... reload." or "uninstall & reinstall" Some folks can use it, some can't. There is clearly something wrong and Saurik isn't bothering to ask anyone with the problem to troubleshoot it. At this point there are a LOT of people who want a solution.

Saurik if you read this I'm willing to ichat with you to talk about what's been done and such. Maybe you can get a a handle on this.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
    I've been all over the web trying to find a solution. No one seems to know what to do. I'm tired of hearing people say "it works for me... reload." or "uninstall & reinstall" Some folks can use it, some can't. There is clearly something wrong and Saurik isn't bothering to ask anyone with the problem to troubleshoot it. At this point there are a LOT of people who want a solution.

Saurik if you read this I'm willing to ichat with you to talk about what's been done and such. Maybe you can get a a handle on this.
    I know you don't want to hear it. But, this problem only has occurred for a few. If it was an issue with 5 Icon Dock App this thread would have hundreds upon hundreds if not thousands of posts and threads, not just a few. So what maybe 1-2% are having an issue. I'm using it on 3 phones in my house. 2g & 3g
    I believe that a file has been corrupted. Either during the jailbreak or by syncing from your old set up in iTunes. It is indeed a software issue.
    My advice if this is busting your bubble, is restore a fresh 3.0, J/B again set up as new phone and install before you do a sync.

blk,
    I DO thank you. I know its hard always hearing complaints, and hearing me and my complaint. I know that with such a small amount of people complaining its something to think about.... you can't solve every single problem. Anyways I wanted to say thank you for your input. I went back and solved my problem!

For those of you with this problem here's what I did.

1. I went straight to the dev team's blog and re-downloaded the Pwnagetool 3.0. Fresh copy, straight from the source.
    2. I had just forced itunes to re-download the 3.0 OS. I deleted the following file :Go to (user)/Library/Itunes/iphone software updates/ the file inside is the ipsw you'll need for pwnagetool.
    3. Opened Pwnagetool, chose Expert mode and did the whole process by the numbers.
    4. When you get to the end where you can choose what packages to download, I ONLY chose Cydia to install. I removed everything else.
    5. Built the custom ipsw and restored it, again by the numbers.
    6. I had heard rumors of people who said that cydia needed to be updated. I did update. It finally updated. When I had been using the old pwnagetool and had cydia installed it would never update. Its worth noting that I have a folder on the desktop for Junk, and the old pwnagetool was inside. I ran the new pwnagetool off the desktop itself. I didn't want any previous preferences getting in the way.
    7. Once Cydia updated I couldn't find the five icon dock. I didn't have the repo for it. I went to MORE PACKAGE SOURCES and installed the Touch-Mania source. Reloaded Cydia, installed the 5 icon dock and it worked like a charm.

So there's the solve. The key here is to start over fresh. Blk is right. No one likes hearing reload but in this case now you have a solve and a reason to do it. From there just unlock it and you're done.

Try rebooting if you installed it if it doesn't work at all..

Default 5 Dock & general problem fix
    I was having all sorts of issues with my phone and the FIVE ICON DOCK's scrunching to the left was one of them and BACKGROUND IMAGES and THEMES weren't working correctly. I installed ROCK, which is another apps installer and updater like ICY and CYDIA and it fixed everything. It found 16 updates for my 3G, 3.1 JB iPhone so I recommend you try it if your having problems like I was. What I don't understand is why CYDIA and ICY didn't find these base updates? So I am over the moon to have everything working again and I hope this info helps someone else.
    Cheers and good luck.

Where do i get the 5 docks from

You download it from Cydia and manage it in Winterboard. Winterboard just in case you don't know it is where a lot of your Cydia tweeks are managed......switch off or on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LAZRUSS For This Useful Post:

B1GMAN (2009-12-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12