Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia disconnects from wifi when opened. Help?!

Default Cydia disconnects from wifi when opened. Help?!
    Im not sure if this is a problem with just my iPhone but i was wondering if this happens to anyone else and what can be done about it,

it causes cydia to run so slowly and time out before i can download most things.

Any ideas?

Hi there. I've been having a similar issue, and I don't know what to do. I Jailbreak my old 2G phone (running firmware 3.0) and right after installing Cydia, the iphone fails to remain connected to the WiFi. It basically stays ON for approx 30-40 sec then it disconnects, then it attempts to re-connect but fails.

I have tried turning off the WEP key on my router, have even tried other router all together, and even tried the free WiFi spots around my town, but it does the same thing over and over again -- it IDs the wifi, connects to it for ~ 30s -1 min then it looses the connection. I've also tried resetting the Network settings and turned on Airplane mode --still the same issue.

I would really appreciate if anybody out there would enlighten me on what exactly is going on. Thanks in advance.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to udar For This Useful Post:

TheArthurShock (2009-08-16)

Default 3gs and wifi problem
    i too have had the same issue with my iphone 3gs, after jailbreaking with purplera1n and installed freeze and cydia. At first everything was fine and then a few days ago i was sitting 1ft from my wireless router and i would get a time out error. I hope cydia or someone can help, i restored my phone and it works like a champ on my wifi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bdhattup For This Useful Post:

TheArthurShock (2009-08-16)