Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard

Default Winterboard
    I cant seem to d/l winterboard from cydia. I go to feature packages and scroll down to wb but when i click it there is no install button? It has ?

Help appreciated.

No one can help?
    Last edited by DamageIV; 2009-06-15 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Hey, Welcome to MMi.
    Winterboard is automatically installed on your iPhone when you quickpwn/jailbreak it. It should already be there installed with Cydia.
    Go to the manage section in Cydia and see what packages are installed.
    Should be there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Darksecrets (2009-06-21)

I have a iTouch (new one) if that makes a difference?

Its not there

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Hey, Welcome to MMi.
    Winterboard is automatically installed on your iPhone when you quickpwn/jailbreak it. It should already be there installed with Cydia.
    Go to the manage section in Cydia and see what packages are installed.
    Should be there.
    Huh? Winterboard has never been automatically installed on my phone when I have jailbroken it (at least 7 times now). Unless there is a different JB process that I have not used (I use QuickPWN) fwiw.

To the OP, if it was installed already, you would get the "Modify" button in the upper right, instead of the "install" button. Have you been able to install any other programs from Cydia?

Good luck...not sure what is gonig on with that. I cannot test for you as I am on 3.0 GM and cannot jailbreak yet!

Yes i have downloaded stuff from cydia and never had a problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    Huh? Winterboard has never been automatically installed on my phone when I have jailbroken it (at least 7 times now). Unless there is a different JB process that I have not used (I use QuickPWN) fwiw.

Huh, winterboard has been added to every iPhone I have ever jailbroken with Quickpwn with 2.0, 2.2, 2.2.1. I have always followed the iClarified link and it is there. Seems odd also if you have Cydia installed at the jailbreak, winterboard would be there since saurik is the developer of both.
    Huh, must be 'cause I'm a girl then I guess. Go figure. Seems strange. On the other hand, I have never done a iPod, so perhaps that is the difference.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-16 at 09:06 PM.

Keeps coming up error 2096

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Huh, winterboard has been added to every iPhone I have ever jailbroken with Quickpwn with 2.0, 2.2, 2.2.1. I have always followed the iClarified link and it is there. Seems odd also if you have Cydia installed at the jailbreak, winterboard would be there since saurik is the developer of both.
    Huh, must be 'cause I'm a girl then I guess. Go figure. Seems strange. On the other hand, I have never done a iPod, so perhaps that is the difference.
    Very strange indeed...the only extra thing I have on my Springboard after JB is Cydia (I don't check Installer anymore).

Anyway, sounds like you get to skip a step!

same thing happened to me. I just messed around clicking random things and letting cydia fully install and a screen popped up saying that i need to update essential applications. I updated it and now i can download winterboard from cydia. Hopes this helps even though it's kind of random

In order to get winterboard go download Supreme Preferences. It will also install winterboard for u. Problem Ive been having with winterboard though is every time i try rearrange my icons, it lags the movement. If anyone knows what this glitch is, i'd appreciate it