Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: virus scan pop-up in cydia?

Default virus scan pop-up in cydia?
    Earlier today, I was browsing through the 'changes'
    section and came acrros this pop-up. It seemed a little
    suspicious that they offered to scan my PC through my
    ipod.Has anyone ever seen this before?

It's a standard popup meant to trick you into installing their malware. The software it links to is designed for Windows and is harmless to your iPhone, but I'd click cancel anyway just to be safe. The reason it shows up like other iPhone notifications is because that's how Safari shows those types of popups.

In short, it's nothing to worry about.

Mine did the same thing today. I also hit cancel. Now I have these little black circles that keeps popping up when i click an icon. I restored my phone and jailbroke it again. It got rid of it but when I started replacing my aps from Cydia they came back. It's driving me crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by serenityone220 View Post
    Mine did the same thing today. I also hit cancel. Now I have these little black circles that keeps popping up when i click an icon. I restored my phone and jailbroke it again. It got rid of it but when I started replacing my aps from Cydia they came back. It's driving me crazy!!
    The popup was NOT the cause of your problem. In fact, I'm willing to bet that you updated Backgrounder recently as the new version puts badges (or "little black circles") on the icons of apps that get loaded in the background (Phone, Mail, Safari, iPod, etc).

The info pages for Cydia apps are just normal webpages and whatever repo you guys are going to needs to be informed of this popup (unless they're doing it deliberately in which case you need to remove that repo and never use it again, that malware @#$% pisses me off). In any case though, I'm going to say again that this will NOT do harm to your iPhone. Seriously, I can guarantee any problems that show up around the same time as this popup are caused by something else.