Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: uninstalled cydia via restore, now previous apps won't install

Default uninstalled cydia via restore, now previous apps won't install
    I uninstalled cydia (probably the wrong way - I just started uninstalling all the apps within cydia). Then I read that the way to actually uninstall was through a restore. I did that on my iphone (latest release). Cydia and all the apps are gone from my iphone.

Here's my problem: All the applications that I had previously loaded on my phone from the itunes store will not reinstall. I can install ones that did not exist previously, but not ones I had installed when Cydia was installed. I've tried removing the applications and reinstalling them, rebooting the iphone, etc. No luck. If I go to settings, I see that many of the programs are listed. In itunes it says the applications are already installed but they aren't. Installer problem? How do I fix it? Help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

[B]You most likely had these apps hidden or in categories and then after you restored you set up your phone from a back-up image rather than as a new phone profile. You have 2 options... install sb settings and go to more options and unhide all the apps or start all over with a fresh restore and set he phone up as NEW and then when you install apps they'll show up.

Edit: Option 3

Use SSH or iphonebrowswer (or diskaid for OSX) and delete the file located at /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist. Then reboot./B]
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-05-23 at 10:40 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

justanotherbrick (2009-05-24)

Default update
    Yes, these apps were in categories. And yes, I restored from a backup, since I did not want to lose any data or programs I had on my iphone. I took your advice and loaded iphonebrowser. I get the error message below:

Error: The program could not find the path '/system/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app' on your iphone. Have you successfully used jailbreak?

Reloaded cydia and installer, then deleted the Springboard.app program. After a reboot my iphone now has my apps back. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by justanotherbrick; 2009-05-24 at 09:36 PM.