Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install/Uninstall problem

Default Install/Uninstall problem
    I installed iPhone Video Recorder 3G using the Cydia installer just to test it out. Now I'm done I want to uninstall it, but it's not listed under installed packages. The icon is still showing up on springboard, the app still works perfectly, but I can't figure out how to get it off my phone. If I install it again, it goes through fine, no extra icon is added, but after uninstalling that version, the original app is still there.

Any advice on getting it off my phone since Cydia installer won't work?

Strange, Try restarting your iPhone after un-installing

I did try it and still no joy. Ideally what I'm looking for is a means to manually get it the hell off my phone. It's the only app that's given me any kind of hassles, so right now I don't mind how it goes, just so long as it goes!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to the MMI fam.
    Sounds like a weird problem.
    There is app in cydia called "CyDelete", that allows you to delete cydia installed apps from your spingboard just like app store apps. Puts an X by it and delete. This might work for you other that using a program like WinScp or Diskaid to get into files system and remove it manually.
    Good Luck

Thanks, blkcadi. I'll give it a squirt.

Thanks for the tip, blkcadi. Ironically, this lead me to realise I'd used the Installer app to install it, not Cydia. Luckily after realising I screwed up, I have no pride left to swallow and can freely admit to it here
    Last edited by Verata; 2009-05-10 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost