Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia source problem

Unhappy cydia source problem
    hi folks, this might seem a little petty and i admit it isnt the end of the world, however
    when running cydia i have found that i am constantly getting open node name errors for most of my sources, as it stands i am only getting themes and ringtones offered daily (i dont mind them!)and i cannot seem to access the good stuff!!!!!
    i am desperate for some funky new apps and games to brighten my otherwise mundane life!!!!!

has anyone any ideas how to retrieve my sources? i have treid re-installung them from the manage setting within cydia but to no avail.

thanks in advance folks
    Dan

Thanks

most of the new additions on Cydia are themes and ringtones.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

sickpuppy (2009-05-07)

thanks Bhz1, i thought it was just me lol. however i am still getting nodename errors showing up for the likes of big boss etc, yet they seem to update through the installer package? dunno quite what is going on with it but i would much rather manage everything through cydia rather than installer, just gets confusing having two update packages running on one system. guess i just am a picky bugger lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
    thanks Bhz1, i thought it was just me lol. however i am still getting nodename errors showing up for the likes of big boss etc, yet they seem to update through the installer package? dunno quite what is going on with it but i would much rather manage everything through cydia rather than installer, just gets confusing having two update packages running on one system. guess i just am a picky bugger lol.
    How long ago did you jailbreak your phone?

did you install all of the upgrades showing in Cydia since then?

I also saw your info box says you have 2.1 firmware? That for me was a very buggy version.

Either way Id suggest upgrading to 2.2 firmware ( 2.2.1 only if you are on a contract carrier like ATT and have no desire for future unlockability or have a 1st generation iPhone).

Re-do quickpwn and uncheck installer-- it just wastes space.

Once you are up and running open Cydia and install all upgrades. Wait unitl the little spinning wheel in the status bar stops before doing anything else. (this is a good rule of thumb when installing anything)

Close Cydia

Reopen Cydia and install remaining upgrades if any

The advantage is that if you are using appstore apps, many of them now require 2.2 firmware or higher anyway.