Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia is taking over an hour to load after a clean restore and quickpwn

Default cydia is taking over an hour to load after a clean restore and quickpwn
    anyone know if this is normal? i did a clean restore through itunes and i quickpwned it afterwards, and i went into cydia, but it hasnt stopped "downloading packages" for the last hour and half.

someone please help! thanks in advance.

ok for real its been like 9 hours and its still downloading packages? wtf? anyone help please?

ok for real, it has been loading for like 8+ hours? and its still downloading packages.... someone?
    Last edited by KnottyBoyJ; 2009-04-25 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, thats no good.

I would reboot and try again.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No way hose' . Something is amiss. Take cpjr's advice and start over. Might even start over with the jailbreak.

FYI: Awhile back I bought a AT&T sub'd phone, did the jb thingie, etc. Everything seemed ok, apps loaded, sync'ing, etc ...... except the APN was missing. It just wasn't listed -- and the APN Cydia hack did no good. So I started over, re-jb'd. And whoola .. to my surprise there was the option to enter the APN. Strange but true.

thanks for the response. i have rebooted and JB'd 3 times already, all done properly, its just the very first time i load up cydia, it does the whole reorganizing thing, then it closes by itself. then i reopen it again and thats when it starts to download packages for hours? could there be that many packages it needs to download?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Have you tried restoring the phone (and make sure you setup as new)