Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Capacity - Help!!!

Default iPhone Capacity - Help!!!
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so if not, please direct me to the right location. Yesterday I was listening to music I downloaded to my iPhone. Well, I stopped listening to music, and when I was going to start up again, there was no music for me to be able to listen too. It was all wiped out. Not sure why. Anyway, this morning I was syncing my iPhone to iTunes, and I wasn't able to download all of the music I have because it is showing that my capacity is full. I have 463.2MB of music; 94.9MB of pictures; and the 6.43GB is Other. I don't know what that is. I have uninstalled several items that I downloaded form Cydia, but it's still doesn't give me any free space. Does anyone know what I can do to get this fixed? Do I need to restore my phone and then jailbreak it again? Help!!!

Need to know what apps you where using, that you deleted? If it was anything like "swaptunes" then yeah....you may just wanna do a fresh restore. You could also SSH into the phone and wipe the extra database.

I did have Swaptunes downloaded, but I never used it. Most of my downloads were themes for winterboard. Stuff that I downloaded a while back and didn't use anymore. How do I SSH into the phone. I had SBSettings (or something like that) downloaded, but I removed it to see if that was causing my problem. It wasn't. But before I removed it I selected Fix It, yet still having the same problem.

Yesterday the phone was working fine when I was in my car listenting to the music, and then 10 minutes later, all of my music and movies were gone.

1st,6.43GB Other is too much.Don't hit the itunes upgrade button next time,cos you will lose 500 mb space in every hits.
    2nd,do a full restore with a custom fw-not stock fw
    3rd,install ssh from cydia,then use winscp,iphone browser or diskaid to ssh into your phone...