Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck in REBOOT (I see APPLE only)

Default iPhone stuck in REBOOT (I see APPLE only)
    Hi, I have jailbroken 2.2.0 iPhone G3, running Windows XP

Today I tried to uninstall intelliscreen and some dictionary thing and hClipboard (I think that's the name).

After trying to do this, my phone got stuck in REBOOT mode. The only thing I see on the screen is the APPLE LOGO and every 10 minutes it reboots itself. So I can't get to normal screen at all.

If I plug the iPhone in the comp, the comp recognises it. I tried restoring it with iTunes but I can't restore without downloading the new 2.2.1 version. So I cancelled restore. Since I am running Win XP (not MAC OS), I can't use the current 2.2.1PwnageTool (since it exists only for MACS) to re-unlock and jailbreak my phone.

Does anybody have an idea what to do and how to get to at least the starting screen. I appreciate your help

Thanks
    B

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94707]How to fix an iPod/iPhone, stuck on the boot logo, with no white boxes!!! - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks for the try, however, I am now in BLACK SCREEN - the phone seems dead. Also, I don't have OpenSSH, I am running 2.2.0 and I don;t have a MAC OS, just Win XP

You can use diskaid instead of SSH and it works fimne on Windows.
    Has your battery gone flat?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

i installed Kate from Installer and my iPhone 2G with FW2.2 is doing the same trying to see if i can access it using diskaid.
    Last edited by stixdee; 2009-04-21 at 10:29 AM.

Installed Kate from Cydia?
    Kate isn't in Cydia.
    Cydia only has apps that work - Kate doesn't work and is in installer only which is one of the reasons I don't have installer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

filis (2009-04-21), stixdee (2009-04-21)

Default Rock Your Phone AntiBricker
    Hey guys - there's a free utility via Rock Your Phone - just install your desktop and plug in your spinning Apple logo (SWOD) iphone - and Rock Your Phone will fix it (Anti-Bricker/Automated Recovery Tool). Your phone will be back to normal within 2 minutes!

Is this the only way you can get people to install RYP?
    I'd rather have the SWOD!

Thanks

Thanks i tried RockYourPhone and the phone just shows the Pineapple logo and does not boot.

During the booting process, the phone disconnects the USB from the PC and it is only connected only on the recovery mode. in iTunes, it fails to download the firmware and says "iTunes could not download the software, the connection timed out, pleas try again later" after it shows that it's done downloading the 245.7Mb of the FW.

i need my phone back and somebody please help.
    Last edited by stixdee; 2009-04-23 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Stuff missing

Hi stixdee, simply launch Rock Your Phone desktop client - and it should recover automatically.. can you email rock support so we can discuss what occurred? )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RockSupport For This Useful Post:

stixdee (2009-04-23)

Thanks

There is something happening now, i copied the firmware copy to the iPhone Software updates folder and it is restoring.

it is in this path: CDocuments and Settings\User\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates.

i'll jailbreak it after this.

Thanks a lot for your concern.

Thanks
    Here's a Way I Fixed my old one.

Connect to your PC.

open up iTunes

Put into DFU mode.
    Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

Then Just click Restore.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iphone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Then again, Click Restore in iTunes

This way worked for me. Hopefully it should help you too!
    Apple iPhone by Apple

Thanks

My 2 cents-I was in a similiar situation. My leopard 10.5 was preinstalled by previous owner. I was never the Administrator, so I needed to reinstall the OS fresh and go thru the prompt therefore itunes would be fresh instead of all this uninstall and reinstall stuff of itunes . I needed my phone too its my only phone, so I went to a cellphone shop and asked if they unlock iphones and they said sure for $30 my problem solved! I believe you must have Administration priveleges and password and you will not run into unlock/jailbreak issues with Quickpawn or Pwnage tool.