Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia unknown error with cell signal plz help!!!!

Default Cydia unknown error with cell signal plz help!!!!
    When i have problems with my Iphone that i cant fix myself i know i can come here to the forums and get help from all of you fine, intelligent people ok here it goes:

When i launch cydia with normal cell phone coverage i can load the home screen and the descriptions but the bar at the the top reads "unknown error 1096" and "posix" or somethin along that line. It does it everytime i refresh making updates and downloads impossible. BUT it works perfectly fine when im connected to wifi. Everything else internet-wise works good its just cydia, ive tried to look for a solution elsewhere on the web but have turned up nothing...im running 2.2.1 on my 2g phone help plllllz

Are you sure it's a 1096 error? If so, i can't really understand why you are getting it as it is a MySQL error for "No tables used" unless it's a completly different error 1096!

Have you tried jailbraking again in case it's a faulty cydia installation? Do you have any unusual sources added?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hey thanks for replying im still havin the same trouble... I tried rejailvreaking and it still doesnt work. But im sorry i looked closer and its a 2096 error and i have no idea about my sources i still have the default ones i think.

Error 2096 is a quicktime error.
    First theng to try is uninstall iTunes then download the latest version and install it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.