Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem installing packages with Cydia

Exclamation Problem installing packages with Cydia
    Well, it's my first post, and i'm kinda new with this sort of things,, i'm using an Ipod Touch 1st.G, with 2.2 firware, and was jailbreaked with quickpwn, in my first try i got an error installing cydia/installer(the loadingscreen from apple in the begginig) but then i installed it correctly, i used the cydia icon, and everything was good, and i "installed" the MxTube package from cydia, i got it in the main window(springboard??), but since that i can't install anything else, all the other packages seems to be installed, but there's no icon on the springboard, i downloaded the winterboard package,Ispazio, Macman,MobileTerminal, NES,Reaction!, Winterboarder, Xbox 360(theme), and Mxtube(i only have this icon on the springboard or main window thing). i sync the ipod to get the music files and that.
    On cydia these si the storage:
    System: used 87.4%, free 12.6%(500m)
    Private: Themes 0%, App Store 8.3%, other 3.2%, iTunes 44%, photos 0%, Free 44.5% (14.6G)

So.... My questio is... what have i done wrong? or what should i do now?, i'm new in these subjects, so maybe i'll need a detailed explanation, and want to say thanks since now for the attention

Thanks

WHen you add a lot of programs it is a good idea to reboot the ipod. aso when you install an app, make sure you wait until the spinning wheel in the status bar stops before you do anything else even if you are given the option.

Try rebooting, if you still have issues uninstall mxtube and reboot. Seeif you still have problems. If not then it was mx tube that did not install correctly. When you install mxtube you must reboot the ipodafter installation.

Hey i solved the problem, and just to say thanks. and to close the post. the problem was that i didn't checked when i sync'ed the ipod and the itunes backup from the last sync, so i think that was the problem with cydia.
    (i think that since the mxtube was installed before been sync with itunes it was installed with no problem, but when i sync the ipod and it got the last sync config it erased, in some way, the cydia configuration or at least it changed some values, or something like that.... X_X )