Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help! cydia stuck repairing when launched.

Default help! cydia stuck repairing when launched.
    Yeah, I have this really annoying problem with cydia, its stuck on Repairing when I launch it, anyway of fixing it?

Thanks!

restart your phone
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I have at least 5 times. Doesn't work.

try force closing cydia. hold down the home button. or try to kill the cydia process through sbsettings process toggle. usually restarting fixes that. there is a command you can run to clear cydia of this repair process but im not familiar with it
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I don't have the process toggle and it does not force close. Its completely stuck and the only way to get back to the home screen is to turn off the phone and turn it back on.

I have fixed this problem WITHOUT having to restore the phone.

Open WinSCP or Cyberduck and open the terminal or execute prompt.

Type in "dpkg --configure -a" without the quotes and an error will show up, and it will direct you to the corrupted file on your system that maybe causing cydia to not load properly. (The file or files should be removed by SSH'ing them out of your phone. It shouldn't cause much of a problem on your phone unless its a chunk of an application, then you should probably remove the whole application that the corrupted file is located under.)

Wait at least 10 minutes before attempting to open cydia (restarting your phone or respringing is recommended)

Thats how I fixed my phone from the black repairing screen on cydia, I hope this helps.
    Last edited by NathanSanchez; 2009-03-05 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NathanSanchez View Post
    I don't have the process toggle and it does not force close. Its completely stuck and the only way to get back to the home screen is to turn off the phone and turn it back on.

Type in "dpkg --configure -a" without the quotes and an error will show up, and it will direct you to the corrupted file on your system that maybe causing cydia to not load properly. (The file or files should be removed by SSH'ing them out of your phone. It shouldn't cause much of a problem on your phone unless its a chunk of an application, then you should probably remove the whole application that the corrupted file is located under.)

Wait at least 10 minutes before attempting to open cydia (restarting your phone or respringing is recommended)

Thats how I fixed my phone from the black repairing screen on cydia, I hope this helps.
    I just tried this. It didn't seem to work for me. Also tried the SBSetting process toggle- didn't work either... Any other idea's?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanSanchez View Post

AFTER doing that :

"""Open WinSCP or Cyberduck and open the terminal or execute prompt.

Type in "dpkg --configure -a" without the quotes and an error will show up, and it will direct you to the corrupted file on your system that maybe causing cydia to not load properly. (The file or files should be removed by SSH'ing them out of your phone.""""

I Just opened /var/cache/apt/archives and there I found the com.sOmEThIng.soMethINgeLSe and just delete it! and cydia worked for me after that.

got what fixed mine, ssh and open "/private/var/stash/applications/" then delete the one you just installed. This worked for me after i installed LoGoMe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowck5000 For This Useful Post:

phreakwenci (2009-06-05)

That worked great for me!! Thanks!!