Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Cydia Storage?

Question More Cydia Storage?
    I am sure this has been asked and prolly could find it but i figure i would just ask here...

I have looked in my manage section of my Cydia and noticed i am almost full only like 500M open.. in reality i don't have a ton of stuff yes some needed system tools etc and a few winterboard add on itmes and then NES emulator
    But i have a 16G phone and i dont need anymore room for music really and im not even half full on it so how do i make more room in Cydia is that doable? does the Boss program allow that to happen?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp!

Erik

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apps from Cydia are stored in the Mobile partition (the 16GB one).. not the root partition. After jailbreaking a phone and loading Cydia generally you won't have more then 50MB or so free. If you plug into iTunes.. the "other" you see is all the Cydia stuff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2009-02-20)

In other words.....yea aint gonna run out.

Ahh so to make more real room on my phone i need to delete whatever im not using atm and bring in what i want so juggle the room so to speak...

Thanks for your help!

Just so i have this right ...in setting my phone says i have 10.4GB free but that is because the root does not include Cydia in its totals and kinda like doesnt see it i guess?
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2009-02-20 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you have 10 gb's free....that is also the where your cydia stuff goes. Your not even close.

I have a 16gigger with 1gb free right now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2009-02-20)

Ok so last night i go to get the sega emulator it is like 512M it runs then says no matching file size and doesnt install so does that mean its a file problem and not a memory problem?

have to forgive me im new to the process but i learn fast i hope to supply the forum with some cool stuff soon enough!

it just means that there is a problem with the repo you are trying to download from

dont worry ... try again in a day or two

Yeap worked fine last night but now i got a virus on my pc after downloading some roms then my phone went into safe mode outta no where this morning lol im wondering if both are issues of the other but i posted that in the proper thread on that...Thanks for you help yall!

E