Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "reloading data" in cydia.. what does it mean?!

Default "reloading data" in cydia.. what does it mean?!
    Hi all ive noticed that cydia seems more buggy on my phone that ever before (never really had problems) it constantly dumps me back to my springboard usually when 'reloading data' is displayed, a message that I havent seen before.
    Does anyone else have this issue?

I have not noticed this. I'm going to play around with cydia now and see if I get this problem or any others.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Mine doesn't crash as in your case, but I've noticed consistent errors (host unreachable, Error NOEB...) during the refresh. ispazio.net is the culprit. Removing Community Sources removes these refresh errors while retaining the primary sites.

Yes I get the loading..... then reloading. Very annoying. Anyoone figure this one out?

o saurik just stuck that ib there instead of just having the nav bar go nuts for 5 min

tip: when it says reloding data, dont touch your screen

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post

tip: when it says reloding data, dont touch your screen

yeah i eventually worked that out. Its a shame, I think it was better the old way

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tikigod19 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-19)

well i do too but it doesnt matter.... it looks better

once he works out some of the bugs it will be more tolerable

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm still waiting for the option to hide updates ..... This was talked about months ago and thought it was in process. But nothing yet

hi, my screen is stucked at the Reloading Data for 30 mins now, while I was loading the SBSettings app... I cannot reboot with the power button... how? what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by ehonda View Post
    hi, my screen is stucked at the Reloading Data for 30 mins now, while I was loading the SBSettings app... I cannot reboot with the power button... how? what should I do?
    finally able to reboot by pressing both power and home buttons for a few seconds... took a long time to start up though... and SBSettings is installed...
    Last edited by ehonda; 2009-06-23 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Reloading Data" is part of Debian, the Linux OS iPhone OS is based off of. When Cydia starts, you'll usually see it saying "Downloading Release, Downloading Release.gpg, Downloading Packages," etc. This is normal. What it's doing is refreshing all the different apps available for download. When it says "Reloading Data," that means it's reloading the stored data about current packages, because it's changed. It's nothing to freak out about . I run two Debian servers, I would know

Is there a way to streamline it, or tell it to not refresh all those packages?

Default Solution
    There's an easy way to overcome this:

- Go to Sections
    - Hit Edit
    - Turn off all the Theme related sections and other sections that are not of interest to you
    - Hit Done

Cydia will now be much faster Reloading Data and Loading Changes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sixer For This Useful Post:

WhyKnot (2011-03-25)

The error I am getting is:

Your "ECID" is 000002CAC2190D4F.

There is no crash. It just gets stuck at loading data or reloading data infinitely. What can I do about this? I cant even go to Sections because it is stuck.

Im also getting Error: Refreshing Data. After pressing Okay, I am stuck at the Reloading Data screen again
    Last edited by g0tvtec; 2010-12-06 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank Yo Sixer. Your suggestion of turning off or in my case removing repository has sped up my phone with no errors at this time. Much appreciated.