Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Must have applications for fresh jailbroken iphone 3g

Default Must have applications for fresh jailbroken iphone 3g
    I have a new iphone 3g and i need help on it because im completely new at this. Based from the forums i learned some stuff, from what i know i need shh first and formost but i dont know what it does, and when i tried installing applications it warned me that HD is low on size. How can i avoid this or what do i need to do so the memory wont be full? What applications do i need to put into my phone. Please do help and forgive me for being noob at iphone applications. Thanks in advance! BTW i have an iphone3g 8gb. Please help me customize and pimp my phone Thanks again!

Remove some music. I try not to have over 5gb of music and videos on mine. Here's a few things I'd recommend you getting, you might not need them but have a read up...

Winterboard
    Cycorder
    MxTube
    Mobileterminal
    Finder
    VoIPOver3G (enables Fring on 3G), so install Fring too
    Backgrounder (I use this to background AIM or Fring so I can chat all the time)

I would not recommended Mobileterminal or Finder for a noob to have. But I would agree with the other apps.
    openSSH is the other app your looking for.
    Also check here Main Page - ModMyi - Wiki and State of the iPhone - ModMyi - Wiki

Welcome to MMi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Comedy (2009-02-06)

Banned
    Thanks

SBSettings
    Status Notifier
    Catgories
    biteSMS

Thanks for those who took time to read my post. I have songs on my phone and based on itunes when i sync'd my phone its just 700mb and as far as applications i have only a few, flashlisht,springboard,winterboard,some games, besides that its absolutely clean. its basically my iphone is just an ipod. yes i did have shh,downloaded sbs stuffs. I want to have themes,screensavers and other nice customizing applications. Thanks again!

when i take a picture it notifies me that my phone is running low on memory surely a picture isnt of that big space. i wanna know where the normal storage of files for applications located, and if ever could i transfer them into another place where there is much more space for files thanks!
    Last edited by pafamfam; 2009-02-06 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Go into Cydia, choose 'manage' down at the bottom and choose 'Storage'. It'll show you how much space you have and what's using it all