Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update Cydia

Default Update Cydia
    Hi ,

Last night I jailbroke my IPhone 3G (2.0.1 Firmware) on windows using quickpwn, it was very easy and quick. I have now cydia icon on my phone. When I open it it gives a message 5 critical updates available, next option is "ignore temporarily" I presses IGNORE.

I was very scared to press update, I thought it will update my phone's firmware to 2.0.2 or higher.

I wanted to know is it ok to update the cydia ? Or I should not.

Will I benefit anything after updating it ? Or can I live with just presing ignore everytime ?

Another very important question ... Incase something goes wrong anytime. I mean I press something by mistake which I not supposed to, as I have a jailbroken phone, then is there a way to stop that update immediately. For example any other phone I would simply pop out the battery and I know I killed everything on time ... WHEW !!! .... what shall I do on Iphone ? is there anything I can do to kill the process ?

regards

I would update when Cydia tells you it is a critical update. Those updates are done to improve your experience. The only way your iPhones firmware is going to be updated is if you click the update in iTunes. No 3rd party software can update your entire firmware. If you install something that you did not really want to install then just go to manage packages and uninstall it.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

panthar420 (2008-09-24)