Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia not updating

Default cydia not updating
    I have noticed that my cydia hasnot updated in a few days. The only way to make it actually add new apps I need to remove and then add a source. WhY should I do to fix this problem?

This happened to me as well. I got it to work again by uninstalling a source and then reinstalling it (specifically I removed the intelliborn source).

yeah the same thing for me. Only I remove/add the zodttd source.

Quote Originally Posted by georgc View Post
    I have noticed that my cydia hasnot updated in a few days. The only way to make it actually add new apps I need to remove and then add a source. WhY should I do to fix this problem?
    You haven't done any cydia ad-blocking have you?

You mean like in the host file? I just downloaded the host file that was posted on mmi a few days ago. I'll go take a look.

Default Anti ad-blocking
    Yeah not sure which entry in hosts is the culprit. Probably the same one that hosts Cydia's ads.

You can toggle the hosts file on your iphone by using saurik's version of MobileFinder to copy the original host or the ad-block host file & paste it into /etc.

Or you could create a service in BossPrefs to toggle the original & ad-block host files.