Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G & iPhone 2G..same FW version..one with an issue..Help please!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G & iPhone 2G..same FW version..one with an issue..Help please!!
    Hi all.
    I've used Pwnage on both my iPhone 3G & my wife's iPhone 2G. Both work very well....until today. I have discovered that my 3G iPhone will not allow me to install some apps as they are dependant on something that is messed up on my phone. Cydia reports that I have one essential upgrade, but won't let me install that either!

The message is as follows:
    Source Error...unable to make backup link of '.usr/lib/bisubstrate.dylib' before installing new version

The original file that needs updating, which other apps are dependant on is;mobilesubstrate

Has anyone else come across this problem or know of a fix for this please? I have tried re-installing it, but same result.

If I want to remove it in order to reinstall it, it advises me that it will additionally remove many other programs of mine such Winterboard and mostly other graphical apps.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm on FW 2.0.1 Jailbroken with Pwnage.

Thanks in advance.

Fixed!! Uninstalled Mobilesubstate and dependant apps then re-installed all again, starting with latest version of Mobilesub....
    Last edited by iMack007; 2008-09-19 at 11:45 PM.