Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia not reflecting latest updates !

Red face Cydia not reflecting latest updates !
    I checked sleepers and I can't seem to find "categories", "iblacklist" & "biteSMS" from cydia. Please help!!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

you have BigBoss's repo source on Cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    you have BigBoss's repo source on Cydia?
    Yes, its there

However, I did notice something, in the "changes" section of cydia there's an app right at the top of the list which is dated 2020... I changed the date earlier to try something out after which I put it back to the current one. Could that be the cause?

Ok, is there anyway to delete the changes and let cydia refresh it again?

Last edited by Bloodlust; 2008-09-05 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlust View Post
    Yes, its there

However, I did notice something, in the "changes" section of cydia there's an app right at the top of the list which is dated 2020... I changed the date earlier to try something out after which I put it back to the current one. Could that be the cause?
    Probably, it bases new stuff on the time/date on your iphone. Dunno how to remedy this. Possibly a bug in Cydia where it won't reset dates? Anyone else had this problem.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i am having a similar issue, im looking for the cycorder update and i keep refreshing and its not there for me either. i think its a bug in cydia. there are people that already updated to the new cycorder update w/sound and i feel left out lol
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    yea i am having a similar issue, im looking for the cycorder update and i keep refreshing and its not there for me either. i think its a bug in cydia. there are people that already updated to the new cycorder update w/sound and i feel left out lol
    SSH into your phone and edit the file /var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist

Edit it with notepad and change whatever year is appearing at the top of the changes list back to the current 2008, respring and it will be back to normal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodlust For This Useful Post:

noi80 (2008-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlust View Post
    SSH into your phone and edit the file /var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist

Edit it with notepad and change whatever year is appearing at the top of the changes list back to the current 2008, respring and it will be back to normal.
    Thank you! It works like a charm!

Thanks
    I am having the same problem. A temporary work around is this: Go into the manage tab and click "packages" - yes, packages, not sources. Click on "BigBoss's Source". Uninstall it then go back and reinstall it. Somehow this forces it to update whereas it doesn't normally. It's a little aggravating to have to do that each time, but hey - it works......

Has anyone found a solution to this rather than just a temporary work around?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrismja For This Useful Post:

djdizzy (2008-10-02), MetallicaFan1991 (2009-01-12), rwin84 (2008-10-05)

Quote Originally Posted by chrismja View Post
    I am having the same problem. A temporary work around is this: Go into the manage tab and click "packages" - yes, packages, not sources. Click on "BigBoss's Source". Uninstall it then go back and reinstall it. Somehow this forces it to update whereas it doesn't normally. It's a little aggravating to have to do that each time, but hey - it works......

Has anyone found a solution to this rather than just a temporary work around?
    Thanks, thought it was weird not getting any updates since 9/30!

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you chrismja! I was getting tired of hitting refresh a bazillion times to get the new stuff over the last week or so... I dropped in to sauriks IRC and he had several messages about this there. Drop a line to him there his IRC info is on cydias' home page.
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

So has anyone found a fix for this yet rather then uninstalling sources and then re-installing them?

Found out if you have adblocking installed that is what is causing the problem. Un-installed the adblock and now everything updates automatically like a charm!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to r0d1mus For This Useful Post:

chrismja (2008-10-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

No $h!t... Wonder why it does that??? rodimus, how did you figure/find that out? Do you know why??
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by r0d1mus View Post
    Found out if you have adblocking installed that is what is causing the problem. Un-installed the adblock and now everything updates automatically like a charm!
    Any chance you could upload your hosts file so I can alleviate this problem as well? It's found in...

Navigate to /etc/

Thanks!

NEVERMIND! Got it in the filemod section!! Thanks
    Last edited by djdizzy; 2008-10-08 at 11:09 PM.

OK, that is not working for me. Put the default Hosts file so there is no adblocking going on and I still have to uninstall bosssources and reinstall to see changes in Cydia?????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Anyone else still having this issue? it just started happening to me again and i dont have no adblocking installed and the host file is not installed

Cydia is not updating for me. I dont have adblocking installed. This happened to me before, I had to restore to solve. Is there any solution? Please help!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Reinstall Cydia from cydia's packages it works like a charm and you dont lose anything

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    Reinstall Cydia from cydia's packages it works like a charm and you dont lose anything
    reinstalling now. Thank You